1998 Viper GTSR?

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
This was kinda the car that started it all for me. Has anybody owned or still owns one of these cars? I havent seen or heard about one of these cars since Motor Trend in IIRC 1998. So any current picture or info would be appreciated. What do these cars go for now adays?

Thanks,
Nate

M

Mark O

They are the only Viper that would fetch higher than sticker price for a low, low milage car. The next valuable Vipers in my opinion would be the '97 blue/white roadsters and then 96-97 blue/white GTS. I personally think the '96 GTS is slightly more valuable than the '97 due to the stripes going through the license plate area. I would think that the original '92-95 roadsters aint worth squat in comparison.

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
This was kinda the car that started it all for me. Has anybody owned or still owns one of these cars? I havent seen or heard about one of these cars since Motor Trend in IIRC 1998. So any current picture or info would be appreciated. What do these cars go for now adays?

Thanks,
Nate

Hey Nate. Great car. Had a couple of them. Tough to find them nowadays...reasonably priced. Saw a few trade hands at over 100k last year. Will look for a pic of one of mine.

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
Hey Nate. Great car. Had a couple of them. Tough to find them nowadays...reasonably priced. Saw a few trade hands at over 100k last year. Will look for a pic of one of mine.

100k thats some cash for a viper but its one car if I ever strike it rich that will be in my garage. Do you still have a GT2? Whats the difference between a regular GTS of that year and a GTSR besides the aero pack. IIRC the car was 10 more horse, was this true or did it put down the same numbers as a GTS?

Thanks,
Nate

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
100k thats some cash for a viper but its one car if I ever strike it rich that will be in my garage. Do you still have a GT2? Whats the difference between a regular GTS of that year and a GTSR besides the aero pack. IIRC the car was 10 more horse, was this true or did it put down the same numbers as a GTS?

Thanks,
Nate

Don't have one right now. The extra 10HP was real...by way of a factory K+N filter. That was it. Of course the car was a bit heavier than the stock GTS because of the aero package, so the 10 HP was lost. I actually have an '02 final edition Red/white stripes, with the entire real GT2 package..that was factory done with left over GT2 parts. No reproduction stuff on it.

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
Lots of extra special stuff was on the GT2- unique badging and a US flag decal, bbs wheels, special blue and black leather interior, 5 pt racing belts, each has its own unique number from 1-100 on a console plate and on the official VIN itself (only time this has ever been done for any special edition car?), numbered car cover, photographs taken at the factory at the time the car was manufactured, signed and numbered photos of Justin Bell, special art prints, k and n filters, smooth air tubes, and probably more that I'm not thinking of at the moment!

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
Lots of extra special stuff was on the GT2- unique badging and a US flag decal, bbs wheels, special blue and black leather interior, 5 pt racing belts, each has its own unique number from 1-100 on a console plate and on the official VIN itself (only time this has ever been done for any special edition car?), numbered car cover, photographs taken at the factory at the time the car was manufactured, signed and numbered photos of Justin Bell, special art prints, k and n filters, smooth air tubes, and probably more that I'm not thinking of at the moment!

Do you have one?

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
Yes, #007 of 100

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
Yes, #007 of 100

I have to ask for some pics those cars are just way to cool.

Viper 1

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Viper GT2

I have one and there are a total of four here in our local Viper club. They are still out there they are just not driven that much. Ken

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
I have one and there are a total of four here in our local Viper club. They are still out there they are just not driven that much. Ken

Do you have any pictures of it? How north of 100 grand does one go for now adays? Is there any difference between the GTS and the GTSR in driving feel?

fordgtforsale.com

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jun 8, 2007
http://dodgevipersforsale.com/98gtsr13.htm

That one is sold fyi. There is no driving difference between a normal GTS and a GT2.