18 degrees to cold to drive FGT?... nah

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Our first Cars & Coffee was a frosty one with plenty of snow still on the ground.

That understood, if I start it, I drive it.

Last edited:

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Outstanding! Alex mentioned that you offered to let him drive when the weather warms up. If you don't already know the story already, give him sh*t about roasting the clutch on a Carrera GT.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
A very close Texas friend who has lived in St. Paul for 38 years says "worst winter he has ever seen". He is an owner of Lord Fletchers on the lake and all they can do is play broom hockey on the ice as the lake may never melt. Not very conducive to driving a GT on the pothole roads. Here's wishing warmer weather soooon.

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Outstanding! Alex mentioned that you offered to let him drive when the weather warms up. If you don't already know the story already, give him sh*t about roasting the clutch on a Carrera GT.

I've heard that story.. Alex refutes it, but I'll be watching him :)

A very close Texas friend who has lived in St. Paul for 38 years says "worst winter he has ever seen". He is an owner of Lord Fletchers on the lake and all they can do is play broom hockey on the ice as the lake may never melt. Not very conducive to driving a GT on the pothole roads. Here's wishing warmer weather soooon.

It's been a tough one.. I've been here 32 years and agree with your friend's assessment. (ps, love Fletcher's.. eat there all the time.)

Going to be 70 tomorrow :)

Thanks!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Car looks great. Very nice pics.

We're finally unburied. 4 straight days above 60 in the forecast! Woohoo!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
You are a brave lad !

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Need to get the gang together!

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
You are one sad car enthusiast. The snow has gotten to you. Temporary cold induced insanity. I just can't believe you were out driving. This is just plain crazy talk. Bring on the 70s.

Rob

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Took my 900 RWHP Z06 out on Sunday for a rip...roads were clear, not a whole lot of traction, but then there isn't much with that kind of power in a Z06 anyway...LOL

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
mine is still locked in the garage. Weather is supposed to be nice through the weekend. I've not had the GT on the road since the September floods. Maybe I'll actually start it up and take it for a fluids warmup gentle drive.

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
Is the GT like a foot lower than the porche , nice pictures

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
HIRISC - those photos are too cool. You are driving the car no matter what! I love it!

Ed

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Thanks guys.. it's been a particularly rough winter.. I've had enough of staring at my cars.

We took it easy on Sat., but the GT continues to impress with the relative traction once the Bridgestones are 'warm'. Certainly more mellow than my Z06.

The C4S next to the GT is one of the founders of C&C.. he said 'your car makes my car look like a whale'. LOL

Rob - c'mon man.. get the 997 or the R8 out.. if you need someone to drive your 458 in the cold, LMK :)

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Maybe after the rain this weekend I will go out. I didn't even go when it was in the 70s today. I'm a sad soul who can't bear the thought of sand or salt hitting my cars. There is a guy in Stillwater who drove his Gallardo all winter in the slop. That's snow insanity. I've had the itch just as bad. I just keep looking towards ordering at a new 650S spider instead to keep my juices flowing. If I was just rich enough to afford the P1 that's car nirvana for me.

I didn't even realize C&C started. Nice to see your car all spiffed up. Great pics. Make it out to Nth Moto yet? I want to drop mine off for an oil change later this spring.

Rob

Rob

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Have not made it out to Nth.. too busy.