$15k over

Gruntled

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2005
Simply fyi, and nothing else.

I actually saw a GT500 contract for $15k over MSRP. It is for the dealer's first GT500 which has supposedly been told will be one of the first 100 retail GT500's. Dealer said this is only the third time in their long history they charged over MSRP. The first time was for a Cobra-R Mustang, and second time for their first 2005 GT.

On the GT front, the same dealer mentioned someone from Europe had been calling multiple US dealers making offers in an apparent attempt to buy a dozen GTs. Colours and options were not important. He did not say what was offerred.

jw1201

May 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
GT's for sale

I've sold 4 GT500's all at $25,000 over MSRP. I have one currently available for $23,000 over. Here is how allocation for the GT500's will work.

Phase 1- 1 unit for every dealer who is a full-line SVT dealership as of 2004. (based on 2005 Mustang sales volume)
Phase 2- 1 unit for each dealer who was a Focus only SVT dealer as of 2004.
Phase 3- 1 unit for 2005 Presidents award winners. 2nd unit for Full line or Focus SVT Presidents award dealers.
Phase 4- 1 unit for dealers that complete certification requirements.
Phase 5- 2nd unit for full line SVT dealers.
Phase 6- remainder will be based on Mustang share of nation.

The cars can be ordered, but no pricing is available yet. Production set to start June of 2006.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Totally agree, it's a free country. Nobody's twisting any arms here and we're all big boys (and girls)!!!!

GTrocks

May 9, 2006
If anyone is interested...I may sell my option that I recieved from Ford for "one of the first" 2007 GT500 Shelbys.

Essentially, it is a transferable option on the new Shelby with priority scheduling and you can order your car to spec. (coupe or vert) SVT has indicated a late June / early July delivery.

I have negotiated a price for myself or the owner of the option for $500 over dealer invoice. This is only possible due to the fact that this unit is incremental to the dealer allocation; otherwise as jw1201 has indicated market pricing prevails and makes sense.

For details on this priority option, go to www.svt.ford.com/newsPowerLease.asp

If interested, please PM me.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
The auto broker that found my GT says he can get me a GT 500 for $2,000 over sticker. I'm inclined to sign a contract with him and fork up a $1,000 deposit. He delivered on the GT......need to get some more details on timing and reality of ordering color and other options.