1037 awhp porsche 996 tt video

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Here is the latest updates on my 996 Turbo.After much research and development by Evolution Motorsports over the past few years you may remember we ran 231.4 at the Texas Mile in March 09.Here is the vid....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0P6VDQ1YDs

Since it ran so good we decided to take it apart :willybecause we thought we could make it even better.:biggrinWe swapped out the GT3 heads for custom CNC ported heads done to Evoms specifications.Along with that we upgraded from our 997tt intake plenum to a modified for turbo application World cup plenum.Evoms also built a custom enlarged y-pipe with dual tial blow off valves for boost management(see pics below).We have upgraded larger billet compressors for the GT35r's that we will be testing later.Here is a dyno vid without the larger compressors from yesterday.Enjoy and see you guys at the mile.......Unfortunately I won't have my GT:frown:cheershttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXfPE8rv_Gk

Attachments

• _MG_3709.jpg
    _MG_3709.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 833
  • _MG_3711.jpg
    _MG_3711.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 950
  • _MG_3720.jpg
    _MG_3720.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 828
  • _MG_3722.jpg
    _MG_3722.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 828
  • PerfectPort4.jpg
    PerfectPort4.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 931

Alex911

FORD GT OWNER - FROM RUSSIA TT FGT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Joe - congrats on the car - it is a piece of art!
Having a 996TT as well - you have made me start thinking :)
Is the car with your set up usable for driving in the city? How is the lag on that?
I am thinking of modyfying my 996TT over winter and have been looking at the EVOms set ups. But i need a car that can be driven in the city quite easily and be comparibly fast with the TT GT. Will you be at the rally with your 996TT?

Thanks,
Alex

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Joe - congrats on the car - it is a piece of art!
Having a 996TT as well - you have made me start thinking :)
Is the car with your set up usable for driving in the city? How is the lag on that?
I am thinking of modyfying my 996TT over winter and have been looking at the EVOms set ups. But i need a car that can be driven in the city quite easily and be comparibly fast with the TT GT. Will you be at the rally with your 996TT?

Thanks,
Alex
Thanks Alex:cheersAlex this is the kit for you.The car is a total street car and has stock drivability.My wife could drive this car for groceries.There is no lag because the motor now has the efficiency to spool those 35's.In fact it even hits too hard.I wiil be at the mile with the 996 TT and hopefully will see you there:cheers

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I just want a ride !

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
I just want a ride !
No problem Torrie,see you at the mile:cheers

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
You made my week buddy ! Thank you

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Awesome ride - absolute artwork!!!

Congrats,

Lance

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
You made my week buddy ! Thank you

I wana ride in your car:biggrin

very nice Joe so when you gona run Dr. Rob?

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I wana ride in your car:biggrin

ok !

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
very nice Joe so when you gona run Dr. Rob?
:roflIt would be nice if he brought it to the mile,especially since he lives in Texas.No street racing for me though,but it sure would be fun to compare the two at the mile.:biggrin

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
:roflIt would be nice if he brought it to the mile,especially since he lives in Texas.No street racing for me though,but it sure would be fun to compare the two at the mile.:biggrin

I can make that happen:biggrin but I dont know if they will be allowed to run the mile with us?

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Man, I want a ride too. Although I know it's gonna make me want to upgrade my 2003 Ruf 550 car.