'08 Viper info

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
Ok..the first 3 colors available will be Snakeskin Green, the Dark Red, Viper Blue. The large dealers should have inventory by end of August. They will produce these 3 colors for 3 months, then switch to different colors, NEVER to make these 3 again. At least that is the good info I have just received. Razor wheels will be a $700 option, as will the alternate interior colors. Performance numbers are out of this world...but can't be specific right now.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Ok..the first 3 colors available will be Snakeskin Green, the Dark Red, Viper Blue. The large dealers should have inventory by end of August. They will produce these 3 colors for 3 months, then switch to different colors, NEVER to make these 3 again. At least that is the good info I have just received. Razor wheels will be a $700 option, as will the alternate interior colors. Performance numbers are out of this world...but can't be specific right now.

I've already been talking to my dealer to order my Green Viper!!

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
I've already been talking to my dealer to order my Green Viper!!

That is the one that will be in my garage as well. In a coupe...with black stripes, and Razor wheels.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
DIVULGE INFO! :willy

:wink

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
I hope your dealer is wrong I am promised one of the first 08's and I want the bright Viper Red.

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
I hope your dealer is wrong I am promised one of the first 08's and I want the bright Viper Red.

I don't get my info from a dealer, and bright red won't be available initially. Sorry.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Are these cars bringing a premium over MSRP? I might like one but not at a premium.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I don't get my info from a dealer ... Sorry.

Dealers are generally the last to know anything about any new model no matter who the manufacturer. (My local Chevy dealer hadn't heard about the Blue Devil until I asked about ordering one.)

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
Ive read they will have some trouble with FI on the new engine as there are many new tuning techniques to learn. So AJ are you gonna leave this one stock or will you be the first owner to put a 300 shot on it? lol

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
Ive read they will have some trouble with FI on the new engine as there are many new tuning techniques to learn. So AJ are you gonna leave this one stock or will you be the first owner to put a 300 shot on it? lol

You can bet it won't be stock for long...in fact, it will come from the dealer with a couple of goodies!!

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
Well lamboman have you ordered your 08? What Equipment? I got a call from my dealer a week ago to order my 08 but couldn't because of the limited colors. I have to wait for the Viper Red. Anybody else ordered theres?

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
Well lamboman have you ordered your 08? What Equipment? I got a call from my dealer a week ago to order my 08 but couldn't because of the limited colors. I have to wait for the Viper Red. Anybody else ordered theres?

Won't say I told you so about the Red. lol. Have a Snakeskin Green with black stripes, razor wheels, 2 tone interior and bezels on order. The Viper Red will be on the 2nd run in September, so you won't have to wait toooooo long.

Last edited:

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
Won't say I told you so about the Red. lol. Have a Snakeskin Green with black stripes, razor wheels, 2 tone interior and bezels on order. The Viper Red will be on the 2nd run in September, so you won't have to wait toooooo long.

There was never a doubt in my mind about the Color availability. Please post some PICS when you get the Green 08. So your saying the bright Viper Red will be built late September?

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
There was never a doubt in my mind about the Color availability. Please post some PICS when you get the Green 08. So your saying the bright Viper Red will be built late September?

Yes. They have already shut off orders for the Snakeskin green, and are replacing it with Black. So black will now be available on the opening run.

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Does anyone know when the '08's will hit the showrooms? I might have an empty spot in my garage soon. :lol

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
hey bruce ... pm me about your elise. looking to do some winter mods on mine.

Steve

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
hey bruce ... pm me about your elise. looking to do some winter mods on mine.

Steve

PM sent Steve. Oh, I forgot to mention in my PM to you about the biggest mod - a Forcedfeb Turbo Kit w/ standalone ECU. Car will go into the shop next week to have the GT28R turbo swapped for a larger GT28RS and get more boost. With the smaller turbo I clocked 0-60 w/ a Performance Box at 4.0 even on a dusty and slippery road and I am shooting for 3.5 w/ the larger turbo and more boost and faster shifting.

M C B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 13, 2007
Motor City
Production was delayed, but is scheduled to start on October 1. The final pilot vehicle was built in mid-August.

M C B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 13, 2007
Motor City
Production scheduled to begin October 8, then delayed again. No word yet on a new date.