0 to 200 in 21 seconds

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Unfortunately, my in car video of my Texas Mile runs did not come out well enough to post, but I was able to get some interesting timing info from them.

I have a Racecam dual camera setup with a splitter that allows me to film two views at once so I set one camera viewing out the front window and the second focused on my V-Box gps speedo. The speedo readout shows up in the video as a PIP in the lower right corner. Using a stopwatch, you can measure fairly accurately my speed from 0 to any speed you want to know. It's not exact to the thousandths but it's good enough to give somebody an idea of how fast a twin turbo is.

The posted times are from my fastest run at The Texas Mile this past weekend.

0 to 100...8 seconds

0 to 150...12 seconds

0 to 200...21 seconds (I was at the 3/4 mile marker)

0 to 223...26 seconds (one mile)

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Wow, that's some wicked fast stuff. Just curious, how much longer (both distance and time) did it take you to pull it down from speed?

And buddy, even crappy video of THAT run is gonna want to be viewed by all!! :thumbsup

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
ok, I have to say it.................

wow

:biggrin

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
That thing is a beast over 100mph!

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Given how fast you made it to 150 and on up, was the 0-100 time hampered by traction or lack thereof?
BTW, post the vid even if it is poor.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Given how fast you made it to 150 and on up, was the 0-100 time hampered by traction or lack thereof?

I was watching and saw a little wheelspin in second on that run........

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
:thumbsup

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

Yes to some degree. It broke loose in second gear for a second but I believe most of the difference is because boost is very limited in first and second gears to aid in traction. Jason may have to verify this but I don't think full boost comes on until third gear.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Yes to some degree. It broke loose in second gear for a second but I believe most of the difference is because boost is very limited in first and second gears to aid in traction. Jason may have to verify this but I don't think full boost comes on until third gear.

that being the case i bet there is some more speed to be had out of your setup......

its all about picking the right amount of boost for each gear :thumbsup in a nutshell you want 650 rwhp in 1st gear, 800 rwhp in 2nd, 1000 rwhp in 3rd, 1200 rwhp in 4th and 1500 rwhp in 5th. this should get you to at least 235 mph in the mile assuming you don't have a headwind :driving:

Last edited:

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
Congratulations Keith. I bet Ray is antsy to go to the event in October now. :D

Btw, are you running any kind of progressive boost setup or is it on 1000rw all the way?

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
The way the car was set up for the weekend provided about 700 rwhp in first and a bit over 1000 rwhp from second gear on. Primarily we wanted to make sure Keith had a safe and usable set up. I think it worked pretty well.

John B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2006
I think it worked pretty well.

Yeah it did!!!

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
"The posted times are from my fastest run at The Texas Mile this past weekend.

0 to 100...8 seconds

0 to 150...12 seconds

0 to 200...21 seconds (I was at the 3/4 mile marker)

0 to 223...26 seconds (one mile)"

:eek :eek :eek :eek

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
The way the car was set up for the weekend provided about 700 rwhp in first and a bit over 1000 rwhp from second gear on. Primarily we wanted to make sure Keith had a safe and usable set up. I think it worked pretty well.
thanks for the reply

I guess it worked out ok. :rofl

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
200-223 in 5 seconds is beyond amazing...those turbos are really something when they get loaded up. Congratulations again. :cheers

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
200-223 in 5 seconds is beyond amazing...those turbos are really something when they get loaded up. Congratulations again. :cheers

The amazing part is that watching the digital gps readout in the video, at the top speed it was still ticking off the numbers much faster than you could say " twenty, twenty one, twenty two, twenty three".

Basically, it was still pulling like a freight train. I look forward to finding it's true top speed.:biggrin