Finally…..got my remote start back

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
I have been without remote start on my 2019 Carbon Series for over a year. It might not sound like a big deal but I always let my engine warm up to at least 118 degrees before driving it. If I am upstairs, it makes it really easy to use the remote start on Ford Pass to start the car and just jump in and go versus going down and sitting while it warms up. It all started in Dec of 2021 when I left for the holidays and my car went into deep sleep mode. When I returned and cranked it up, my remote start was gone. I still had lock/unlock but the start button was missing. I called Ford Pass, reset the modem, deleted the vehicle, signed out and back in, took it two separate dealers and all I got from Ford Pass was that my car is a “7 speed manual transmission”. After several rounds of explaining that it is an auto with no clutch, I finally got fed up and escalated it to the engineers. Believe it or not, I work for Ford corporate so I am very familiar with Ford Pass. I couldn’t get them to understand that my car is not a 3 pedal 7 speed manual. Finally, I convinced them to look into the back end of the system at my account and voila….my remote start finally reappeared. Apparently, someone had changed the setting which showed my car was a manual. When they switched it back to auto, the system recognized it and after logging out and back in, I have remote start again. It’s the little things but this has been majorly annoying.

Attachments

• 04A61F92-37CD-4A87-B345-7408767CF0F8.jpeg
    04A61F92-37CD-4A87-B345-7408767CF0F8.jpeg
    855.8 KB · Views: 5

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
And by contrast, I have never interfaced with ANY car, let alone the NGT with my phone. Not sure I want to either. I do self describe myself as "50 something" going on 80, with respect to some of these types of technology.....

Reactions: Cobrar

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Phones work our cars ??
Andy (ajb)

Reactions: Specracer

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Works well with my Bronco, Have to admit never tried it with my GT. Maybe because not concerned about heating the GT up in the winter for driving!( snow where I live!)

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
I have been without remote start on my 2019 Carbon Series for over a year. It might not sound like a big deal but I always let my engine warm up to at least 118 degrees before driving it. If I am upstairs, it makes it really easy to use the remote start on Ford Pass to start the car and just jump in and go versus going down and sitting while it warms up. It all started in Dec of 2021 when I left for the holidays and my car went into deep sleep mode. When I returned and cranked it up, my remote start was gone. I still had lock/unlock but the start button was missing. I called Ford Pass, reset the modem, deleted the vehicle, signed out and back in, took it two separate dealers and all I got from Ford Pass was that my car is a “7 speed manual transmission”. After several rounds of explaining that it is an auto with no clutch, I finally got fed up and escalated it to the engineers. Believe it or not, I work for Ford corporate so I am very familiar with Ford Pass. I couldn’t get them to understand that my car is not a 3 pedal 7 speed manual. Finally, I convinced them to look into the back end of the system at my account and voila….my remote start finally reappeared. Apparently, someone had changed the setting which showed my car was a manual. When they switched it back to auto, the system recognized it and after logging out and back in, I have remote start again. It’s the little things but this has been majorly annoying.
I too have lost my remote star feature and I thought they stopped supporting us and gave all the features to the new Bronco owners.... I'm not sure whom to contact but might start with my concierge. Thanks for sharing this.

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
@68Rcodeman call Ford Pass and start there. The concierge will just direct you there.

Reactions: 68Rcodeman

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Make sure your garage is well ventilated if you are starting it indoors. Also, I assume it keeps the doors locked when you do it? I've not used that feature yet.

Reactions: B. West

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
This is helpful because I've never had remote start--doesn't show up on the app. I assumed my GT wasn't supported.

Sounds like I need to start with calling Ford Pass.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I thought once or twice about remote starting my GT while it was half a country away at Sanderson Ford… Didn’t do it though just in ace he had his hand in the engine compartment! 😂