Looking for a low mileage GT

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
What did the blue w/white stripe go for? $700k for a modded 60's Vette? Some big money for modded cars this time, more than stock often. Broncos weren't bringing the money like last year but the Blazers were. Lots of cars sold for less than I expected. Craig said about $500k into one cr that brought about $200k. They spent some extra bedaybedaybedaybedaybeday200bedabedaybeday190bedaybedaybedays on a few cars

HNS

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2020
East Coast
If you’re a serious buyer and want to avoid auctions I recomend Chris at Desneauxmotorsports. A totally honest broker and a gentleman. Nothing but good experiences!

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Yea, the modded classics went for crazy money. Supercharged 57 Chevy and numerous others. I was leaning against putting my car on BJ West Palm but wow, the modded cars were hot for sure. But then again the sell price looks good but the house make bank taking 8% from seller and charging 10% to buyer.

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Yea, the modded classics went for crazy money. Supercharged 57 Chevy and numerous others. I was leaning against putting my car on BJ West Palm but wow, the modded cars were hot for sure. But then again the sell price looks good but the house make bank taking 8% from seller and charging 10% to buyer.
Ive said it again but really dont understand why people would buy/sell from here. For example, yellow gr hammered at 525k and seller took home 483k. The exact same car did not meet reserve on BringaTrailer at 523k. Seller shouldve taken that and now he lost 40k. Maybe too much money problem? Or 40k worth the 30 second fame on TV?

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Ive said it again but really dont understand why people would buy/sell from here. For example, yellow gr hammered at 525k and seller took home 483k. The exact same car did not meet reserve on BringaTrailer at 523k. Seller shouldve taken that and now he lost 40k. Maybe too much money problem? Or 40k worth the 30 second fame on TV?
I agree. Plus the money to have the car prepped, transported, and all the money the seller spends to attend the event.

Reactions: drilling

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I think the big money modified cars are Restomods using Glory year muscle rather than late model modified, correct?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Or 40k worth the 30 second fame on TV?

^^^this

Twturbo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 28, 2022
Upland SoCal
Anyone notice that all of a sudden there hasn't been a FGT on Bat for over 2 weeks ,seems there was mad rush before the New year to get them to market, as soon as one sold the same day a new was went up, they even had 2 at time for a while .Then 7 at Mecum Kissimmee a few weeks ago ,i had an excepted offer on the blue one on Auto trader but the guy decided not to sell at this time.

MichaelR

GT Owner
Aug 8, 2018
  • CarFax shows accident reported as total loss in 2011
  • Two owners since 2011 and titles have not been branded as salvage

I believe you are getting that one mixed up with Mecum auction in Vegas November and Kissimmee auction

Mechanical1

GT Owner
May 11, 2020
Just hit 16,000 on my 2006 RED GT. don't understand why anyone would buy this car and not drive it. By the way muffler delete is the best option available!!!!!

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Just hit 16,000 on my 2006 RED GT. don't understand why anyone would buy this car and not drive it. By the way muffler delete is the best option available!!!!!
Go one step better…..cat delete, what a sound

Reactions: roketman

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
I believe you are getting that one mixed up with Mecum auction in Vegas November and Kissimmee auction

Maybe the price gap between heritage and regular cars are closing?

Mechanical1

GT Owner
May 11, 2020
Go one step better…..cat delete, what a sound
I did that to my GT3-RS. The sound is intoxicating!!

Reactions: Shark01

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I had a buyer at 550-600 when the car was on fb for 775K... Market was strong last year BUT there is a reason there were only 16 Yellow no stripes made. Most people minus me want stripes on them LOL Thankfully i was able to buy a 1900 mile one dec 21..

Reactions: 93extxdps

MichaelR

GT Owner
Aug 8, 2018
Maybe the price gap between heritage and regular cars are closing?

That would be nice, still on the hunt for one

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
I had a buyer at 550-600 when the car was on fb for 775K... Market was strong last year BUT there is a reason there were only 16 Yellow no stripes made. Most people minus me want stripes on them LOL Thankfully i was able to buy a 1900 mile one dec 21..
One of these days you will have to post a picture of your naked GT collection.

Reactions: extrap

pacettr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 2, 2013
Mustang, OK
I did indeed.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
What did the blue w/white stripe go for? $700k for a modded 60's Vette? Some big money for modded cars this time, more than stock often. Broncos weren't bringing the money like last year but the Blazers were. Lots of cars sold for less than I expected. Craig said about $500k into one cr that brought about $200k. They spent some extra bedaybedaybedaybedaybeday200bedabedaybeday190bedaybedaybedays on a few cars
475 K + Fees about 4800 miles. This was not parked with all the other GTs and appeared in what appeared to be a car dealers booth.

Reactions: GT@50

Tomcat

GT Owner
A 4 mile Tungsten just showed up on BaT

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
A 4 mile Tungsten just showed up on BaT
too high mileage