Wheel creaking issue

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Did they do that to yours? And if so, did it stop the creaking? 🤞🤞
So, after Kevin identifying a problem, losing use of his car for a long period, he gets a note from Ford as to how to service his nuts
( Sorry, Kevin, Dr Franks comments crept into my thoughs).

Maybe he's the only one with carbon wheels and Ti lug nuts. Where is the email to all NFGT owners with the same configuration.

Where is the package from Ford with detailed instructions defining the issue and providing a fix( a can of Ford approved dry lube).

They provided a fix package to the GT350 guys for an oil filter issue. Granted, that was to save engines and loss of control of the

vehicle.. But I would think a set of carbon wheels is not an inexpensive venture either. Low mileage cars will probably never see this.

Guys not going out on the track that drive with the windows up will probably not hear it. Still, its an identified failure mode, and an

inexpensive fix would be to let owners know and send a kit. Not everyone is on this great forum. Glad I subscribed to keep in the

loop. Out to buy a can of dry moly lube. OMHO. YMMV

Thanks, Kevin.
I’ve had the car back a little over a week now and have been to a few shows including an autocross putting about 300 miles on the odometer. Still quiet for now on the wheels, as to be expected. I did get a weird clanking noise after spirited driving in track mode, but that only happened once. I’ll be keeping a close eye on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed Sims

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
If I'm not mistaken, Kevin has the aluminum wheels and titanium nuts. But I get the general point of the post. Why isnt this public knowledge? Is this everyone with titanium nuts? Or just those with titanium nuts and aluminum wheels?

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
If I'm not mistaken, Kevin has the aluminum wheels and titanium nuts. But I get the general point of the post. Why isnt this public knowledge? Is this everyone with titanium nuts? Or just those with titanium nuts and aluminum wheels?
It’s my understanding that it is all Titanium nut cars, regardless of the rim type.

Reactions: BtwoG and GTMD

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
No sir… titanium lugs and carbon wheels as well……