Happened Again - Extremely Frustrated

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Joe's a good man. I'm sure your problem steved57 will be fixed.

Ed

Reactions: steved57

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Steve, I'm very sorry to hear about the situation. I've been through a similar Scenario more than one time so I understand your frustration. I was stranded in Miami once for 6 hours on a Sunday... My car had been disassembled more than once and I always noted grounds and things. I have lots of documentary pictures. There are actually 2 grounds up front one on each side. There's also 1 on the rear transmission and some other ones located throughout the engine bay.
After many hours of testing my tech found some issues in a wiring harness in the center console. after it was replaced in never happened again.
One of the unfortunate issues with the new GT is the complexity of the communication network and the number of modules. If you recall Ford boasted the GT runs more lines of code than a F-22 which sounds good but if you have one issues where a module losses communication with another there is a domino affect that can spread to other modules that can make it really difficult to track down these problems.
Good luck my friend..

Attachments

• 20190508_140102.jpg
    20190508_140102.jpg
    899.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
Steve, I'm very sorry to hear about the situation. I I've been through a similar Scenario more than one time so I understand your frustration. I was stranded in Miami once for 6 hours on a Sunday... My car had been disassembled more than once and I always noted grounds and things. I have lots of documentary pictures. There are actually 2 grounds up front one on each side. There's also 1 on the rear transmission and some other ones located throughout the engine bay
Hello Stormcat, I was just talking to Steve a few hours ago and told him about your experience with your car. After I heard about your experience and leaving you stranded we at Pat Milliken Ford had a meeting and came up with a plan to make sure that none of our local would be stranded for that long. This is why all my local customers have my cell phone number.

Joe

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Hello Stormcat, I was just talking to Steve a few hours ago and told him about your experience with your car. After I heard about your experience and leaving you stranded we at Pat Milliken Ford had a meeting and came up with a plan to make sure that none of our local would be stranded for that long. This is why all my local customers have my cell phone number.

Joe
That's a good plan. I actually had my techs number unfortunately it was a Sunday he was at a family reunion out of the area and took awhile to get and to the dealership to get his gear and the trailer.. No ones fault just bad timing. I added some more text to above and I'm sure you worked on Andy's car when he had a harness issue and have probably dealt with other wiring / connector issues..

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
That's a good plan. I actually had my techs number unfortunately it was a Sunday he was at a family reunion out of the area and took awhile to get and to the dealership to get his gear and the trailer.. No ones fault just bad timing. I added some more text to above and I'm sure you worked on Andy's car when he had a harness issue and have probably dealt with other wiring / connector issues..
Lesson here is , don’t drive your car on Sundays!

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
Some but not all - and as mentioned on initial post above the loud fan in the rear of car came on and would go on and off too
Hello steved57, just wanted to let you know I just received a call yesterday from a NFGT owner in northern Michigan who has the same issuse, will be bring that in soon and will let you know what I find out.

Joe

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
So Just got back from Detroit last night about 8:00 pm , shipped my car to Joe last month and decided to pick it up myself as I wanted to meet Joe too - turns out loose cable on negative ground post on battery and of course Joe checked all other grounds connections etc... and feels very confident that was the problem so am very happy to have the car back and the confidence it will start / to drive it20220925_113159.jpg

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
So Just got back from Detroit last night about 8:00 pm , shipped my car to Joe last month and decided to pick it up myself as I wanted to meet Joe too - turns out loose cable on negative ground post on battery and of course Joe checked all other grounds connections etc... and feels very confident that was the problem so am very happy to have the car back and the confidence it will start / to drive itView attachment 66869
Thank you Steve for your business and it was a pleasure meeting you. I have to be honest ever time a Ford GT goes back home to its owner I feel like part of me goes with it......enjoy her and if you ever need anything you have my number.

Joe

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Glad to hear you got it resolved!

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Amen!
Mark

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Hard to believe loose ground wires can cause all these problems ( even on 05/06 cars)! Would think there would be some type of lock nut etc to stop them from loosening!

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Joe says the bolt was stripped and clamp loose on post, he says it now has a new bolt with nylock nut

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
These cars are « hand built « ! Should not happen! ( power wrenches!). The Ford rep who does the final expection under the lights would not see this !

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
Thank you Steve for your business and it was a pleasure meeting you. I have to be honest ever time a Ford GT goes back home to its owner I feel like part of me goes with it......enjoy her and if you ever need anything you have my number.

Joe
I was telling Steve that the car from northern Michigan ended up being a loose battery cable at the starter....just goes to show you that the simplest things can cause the biggest problems. That poor guy had his car towed twice before he said enough was enough and shipped the car to us.

Joe

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Italian Joe, if you keep on giving out your number it will surely end up on the bathroom wall at Camilo's studio. Be careful. Just some friendly advice.

Reactions: Ed Sims

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
Italian Joe, if you keep on giving out your number it will surely end up on the bathroom wall at Camilo's studio. Be careful. Just some friendly advice.
Lmao......it would not surprise if it is already on there.....🤣🤪

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Probably right next to Dr Frank's "For a good time call ...."

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.