Why is it difficult to get GT parts?

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
the problem with that is who would put one off reproduction parts on a 400,000 dollar plus car? Seems to me the car would be devalued
Doesn’t matter you’re not gonna have a choice very soon here. Ford isn’t gonna produce this stuff for ever and it’s coming to an end sooner than many hope or think.

Ford no longer makes pcm’s for 2007-2009 gt500 mustang. Can’t order them period. There comes a time and they just quit making the stuff and that time is coming for these cars: lots of stuff available still and some key items that are not at the moment.

Reproduction parts are going to become common as they are for any older car where oem does not support them anymore.

Reactions: Kpgarage

HNS

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2020
East Coast
I hope so, too. However, remember that Ford used some very advanced industrial processes to make parts, like the superplastic aluminum shaping. For a small manufacturer to make aluminum fenders or other body parts and make the carbon fiber liners for them would be very difficult and expensive indeed. Even a mold for the frunk lid would be a job to produce.
I agree and sadly we are at the mercy of people willing to reproduce some parts. Albeit pricey, we have no option other than paying up. Crazy….

69b302

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2021
Upstate NY
the problem with that is who would put one off reproduction parts on a 400,000 dollar plus car? Seems to me the car would be devalued

Agreed, a car with all original OEM Ford parts would generally have more value then a car with aftermarket/reproduction parts. The unfortunate fact is some parts are already obsolete, so Ford is not an option.

Reactions: HNS

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Agreed, a car with all original OEM Ford parts would generally have more value then a car with aftermarket/reproduction parts. The unfortunate fact is some parts are already obsolete, so Ford is not an option.
So how many have replaced gauges with Speedhut or Autometer?

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
So how many have replaced gauges with Speedhut or Autometer?
Speedhut--Lots. Me among them, but I have kept the OE gauges sealed in plastic.

Reactions: RPM217

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
For the SAAC guys, for whom originality is prime objective #1, venders are out there that will rebuild parts that have long been obsolete.

I am unsure that will happen for parts like PCM's. Happy to be wrong on that thol

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Regarding the factory air filter unit, I read on this forum that it is the same as the 2006 Ford Taurus air filter? And is it 2 pieces for the FGT? Thanks.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Take you old one in to auto zone etc and compare the Taurus one. AZ etc probably stock those

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I just picked up two, new 05-06 air filters from OReilly. Motorcraft OEM. $20 each $43 with shipping and tax. 24 hour delivery. No problems.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Does it say on the box when manufactured?

Maybe they are New Old Stock?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Dec 15, 2021. Not NOS.