PPF Choices

PilotMarky

Ford GT Team Alumni
Dec 11, 2018
Hey, taking delivery VERY soon of N082, delivered to Pat Milliken through Kevin, who have been awesome. I am having it wrapped after the paint cure date provided by the Concierge. AFAIK, Kevin uses Motor City Wraps and a good car guy friend of mine is recommending Midnight Protective Films. I know both have done New GT’s. Anyone weigh in with experiences?

Thanks!

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Use kevin’s motor city guy. Did amazing job on my car

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
I had a tremendously positive experience using Kevin K/Milliken, and a touch over a year ago Kevin took my 2021 GT to Motor City Solutions for the full-body Xpel ultimate treatment (including ceramic coating afterwards), and then to Fade To Black Protective Films for installation of the Exoshield windshield film. Both appear to be TOP NOTCH facilities, and they both did a fantastic job. I am extremely particular. I was impressed.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Kevin is a well known and trusted member of the community.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I had my 2017 liquid blue done by Motorcity Solutions at the same time Kevin from Milliken had his done. (Actually mine done twice) They use Xpel.

It is very durable.

When I hit the deer on the way to Petit LeMans at Road Atlanta the Xpel got scuffed up and scratched from hooves and fur of the deer but when we remove the Xpel…. ….No paint damage!!

MCS Cleaned and polished the paint and Motor City Solutions “re-Xpel-ed “ the hood ,facia , air dam and front fenders after Joe Sicoli installed the new windshield etc and it is good as new.!!

(Ps.. the deer was as surprised as I was and he jumped off the vehicle and ran into the woods.)
Andy (ajb)

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Yes, I also had Kevin Koshkarian at @Pat Milliken Ford arrange for a full Xpel wrap before delivery and they used Motorcity Solutions. The work they do is truly phenomenal--I think I heard that they have wrapped 80+ cars by now and clearly have the experience to do an outstanding job. I was very happy with the decision because: 1) I didn't have to take the risk of driving it somewhere to be wrapped, 2) the price and quality were exceptional and 3) I didn't have to wait for the paint to cure when I got it. I was literally able to drive it the same day I took delivery of the car which made for a very special day.

Last edited:

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
With all the cars that I have seen from all over the United States there is really no other choice motor city solution by far does the best job. I have seen others cut at the edge of a panel leaving exposed panel and paint where as motor city will roll all the way around the edge to leave no exposure of paint.

PilotMarky

Ford GT Team Alumni
Dec 11, 2018
Excellent comments from all, thank you. I trust Kevin 100%, he has been fantastic through the whole process. Looking forward to the delivery day on 5/26!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Ahem. I absolutely guarantee you Joe Bisque of Auto Edge Experts does the best GT install in Michigan. Guarantee. That said, he’s small and his schedule is always booked out way in advance but he’s not a volume production shop.

Kevin @Pat Milliken Ford who did your Bronco? :unsure::p