Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
chrisrock.jpgwillsmith.jpg
I couldn't resist!

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
How many times have I said "Thats not a Mustang"?

Reactions: Empty Pockets

Kpgarage

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2019
now that’s funny, I don’t care who you are. I’ve got to stop watching UFC fight Club. Turned it on a couple of nights ago and an academy awards show broke out.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Order parts. "Not listed under Mustang". Ford Training?

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Rich has had insurance adjusters come to his shop and say, “That’s not a Mustang “. Good for me, Indiana DMV thinks it’s a Mustang, I never corrected them 😁🤣

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Rich has had insurance adjusters come to his shop and say, “That’s not a Mustang “. Good for me, Indiana DMV thinks it’s a Mustang, I never corrected them 😁🤣

Florida charges tax based on sales price 🤬

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Order parts. "Not listed under Mustang". Ford Training?

The parts dept countermen @ my local Ford dealer asked me what year Mustang I had each time ordered something for the GT.
The same sort of thing occurred almost every time the GT came up in conversations with gearheads back then.
That's why I've often wished out loud that Ford had called the FGT a GT43 or a GT44 instead. There'd have been no question which car was being referenced had that been the case.
'Would have been too simple, I guess.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Not my dealers, they know exactly what Im asking about, and are friendly and helpful. Both are, as I bought the 05 from one, and the 18 from a different one (because the 05 dealer chose not to bother with NGT sales)

alexhay3

Subscribing Spectator
Nov 2, 2016
Duxbury, MA
Um...
I know BAT was hiring new writers, but this was around noon today, which is April 2, so it is not exactly April Fool's material. Yikes.
BAT has sold enough of both lately to know better, yes? Looks like the post has been taken down since. Should have snapshot a few of the more-than snarky comments, which were along the lines of the Mustang GT meme above. Link had clicked through to the tungsten 2006 as pictured currently bid to $425k.

IMG_5382.png

Reactions: Specracer

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Maybe turn up outside the parts department in the GT, rev the engine loudly for 10 sec.
Storm in there and say "Right, lets order GT parts..... and don't you dare say the word Mustang when I say GT......OK"