4 Post Lifts

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Dang, my Bendpak doesn't look so good....

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Also, anybody have any experience with a Direct Lift PP9 Plus?

This lift is made by Dover and was formerly known as the Rotary Revolution. It is a great alternative to BendPak as it is fully electric and does not require a separate air line to operate.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
I have had 3 Bendpaks and use Race Ramps all the time!
Mark

Reactions: RPM217

Tomcat

GT Owner
Direct lift with OE ramps. The ramps are heavy but do not require any clearance modifications.

F Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2021
Toronto
Which ever way you decide to go, A lift is not something that you cheap out on.
Rest the cars on the locks and check the cables for tension periodically and pick up the cable slack when the cables are shown to sag. Just snug. Not tight.

DanielJ

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2010
Washington State
Know few have a loader/backhoe, but used mine to install the BYB lifts in my shop. Super easy to do solo. Would think a little fork lift would suffice as well.

JD assemble BYB Lift.JPG

Reactions: 2112

jyork965

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2018
Here's an update to my questions regarding which 4-post lift to choose. Thanks everyone for your assistance in helping me.

Proximity to distributor and installation, ALI certification, and service should any problems arise were factors that I felt important. Searched around and lo and behold, found a distributor for VSG lifts quite near to where I live. VSG includes Rotary/Forward/Direct lifts and is owned as mentioned previously by Dover Corp. Forward incorporates many of the features, engineering utilized in the Rotary brand, which is more hard core, and their EFP9 model would accommodate the 911s and GT well. Color choice is black, black or black but this is okay as this is what the GT, 911s are. There's a 3-4 month lead time in arrival from their plant in Indiana. Anyway, this is the direction I'm heading in and am eager to get this garage pulled together.

Reactions: 2112

F Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2021
Toronto
Here's an update to my questions regarding which 4-post lift to choose. Thanks everyone for your assistance in helping me.

Proximity to distributor and installation, ALI certification, and service should any problems arise were factors that I felt important. Searched around and lo and behold, found a distributor for VSG lifts quite near to where I live. VSG includes Rotary/Forward/Direct lifts and is owned as mentioned previously by Dover Corp. Forward incorporates many of the features, engineering utilized in the Rotary brand, which is more hard core, and their EFP9 model would accommodate the 911s and GT well. Color choice is black, black or black but this is okay as this is what the GT, 911s are. There's a 3-4 month lead time in arrival from their plant in Indiana. Anyway, this is the direction I'm heading in and am eager to get this garage pulled together.

Solid Choice.. Best of luck and send pics.

RaceDeck

*Supporting Vendor & GT Owner*
Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
we went with BendPak 2 post lift and have a 4-post from them on the way... we also have their QuickJack lifts which are great to have as well.
2CB5F689-4519-408F-81CB-808B27180BEC_1_105_c.jpeg

Redfire03

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2020
Denver, CO
+1 for an American Custom single post. Customer service and reliability has been great, the single post is really convenient and doesnt take much space and many more benefits.

I have a single post lift from American Custom Lifts in San Diego, I have the post position against the wall so it takes almost no floor space. You have to drive on to the ramps, it's wonderful for storage but not good if you want to remove tires. I had mine custom painted orange and blue. They use only american steel.