Ford GT Bumper Delete

Bbhaynes

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 8, 2021
Madison, MS
So I just traded my Huracan for a 2005 Ford GT! Super excited and was about to find a black stripe delete with only 727 original miles!

I have gotten my CDC bumper delete in and was reviewing instructions. I see where it says the stock tips should unbolt and new ones in place once bumper is gone. Looking underneath the car it appears that the tips are welded to the muffler. Maybe I am missing something but was curious if anyone had some insight. I have attached some pics of the car and of the muffler with tips. Thanks in advance!

https://flic.kr/p/2mrRRvU https://flic.kr/p/2mrZxiN https://flic.kr/p/2mrRRw5 https://flic.kr/p/2mrX22U https://flic.kr/p/2ms1Ehw

Last edited:

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Beauty!

Reactions: Bbhaynes

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Nothing out of the ordinary. Those instructions are likely referring to the Borla exhaust and tips. The car looks great and will for sure look even better after the bumper delete.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Time to swap the muffler for an X-pipe.

Congratulations BTW.

Bbhaynes

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 8, 2021
Madison, MS
Nothing out of the ordinary. Those instructions are likely referring to the Borla exhaust and tips. The car looks great and will for sure look even better after the bumper delete.

Good deal! So will the bumper delete work with stock exhaust or will the tips stick out too far? I really don’t want to have to modify the stock exhaust.

Bbhaynes

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 8, 2021
Madison, MS
Time to swap the muffler for an X-pipe.

Congratulations BTW.

Thanks! Definitely planning on an X-pipe. Any suggestions which one? Borla?

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Good deal! So will the bumper delete work with stock exhaust or will the tips stick out too far? I really don’t want to have to modify the stock exhaust.
You are right that it could work but will not look correct. Ditch the stock exhaust and go for something designed for the bumper delete.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks! Definitely planning on an X-pipe. Any suggestions which one? Borla?

Did you get your bumper delete from Kendall? I think he sells one

I think Accufab Has one too.

I don't have one so I am not too much help.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Get the GT guy llc bumper delete. It’s the best!

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Beautiful car. One of few upgrades I did was to change out the exhaust to an X pipe. About 60# less weight, better sound and gets rid of lots of heat inside engine compartment. Lots of X pipes out there, I have the GT Guys on both of mine. Set the old suit case muffler in the corner of garage until you get tired of looking at it😁😂🤪

Reactions: Bbhaynes and RPM217

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Heffner!!!!
Congrats!
Mark

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Congratulations- sinister GT you have there! As stated above, you will need to change your exhaust a bit to work with your bumper-delete, unless you like the look of tips protruding 6 inches! I too recommend ditching the huge, unattractive and heavy suitcase muffler in favor of an X-pipe. Most manufacturers of X-pipes make them in two flavors- original, and bumperless. Just make sure when you order, you let them know yours is a bumper-delete.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
180CDFCD-84AC-4AE0-AF0D-59BF12C979CA.jpeg86ABCB00-9CE0-4DF2-A3EF-22586343F4C9.jpeg
Here is a picture of both options
I like the the screen mesh one from the GT GUY better because it gives better cooling.plus doesn’t require painting. Plus I like being able to look in at the engine bay
Camilo’s choice too
You choose
Either one is better than the bumper!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bbhaynes and extrap

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Either one is better than the bumper!

+1

Attachments

• BFGT b.PNG
    BFGT b.PNG
    416.4 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: Shawn and roketman

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Check with Kendall Pond at Cool Tech. He knows all about this. He can get you the proper Heffner pipe for the CDC kit. You can check out the pipe at the link below. I took pics of my pipe and sent them to Heffner, they needed some nice pipe pics. They loaded them onto their website. So you can see the actual pipe that I installed on my car. Sounds awesome. Nice tone, not blasting noise. Well.....above 3,000 RPM, WOT, the sound comes alive, in a very nice way.

Last edited:

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Oh, one suggestion. When you replace the muffler with a pipe, it probably won't fit PERFECT. You will need to loosen the cats at the manifold in order to locate the pipe just right, without stressing components. If you do a search you can find some comments about this. I replaced my seals at the manifold while I had them loose, not sure if this is needed. I tend to over do things.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
If you’re not gonna drive it much, then go for the X-pipe and extra noise. But it grates on you if you drive it a lot, like I do. Either way, I advise that you go for a long drive with someone who has one before you buy.

Reactions: Nafod

Red-Rocket

Oct 6, 2015
New Mexico
Apparently Heffner is really dragging on making their x-pipes so Kendell isn't taking orders for them. Anyone have any other recommendations? Also how do you find/order from The GT Guys? I've tried searching them and could not locate. Thanks.

Last edited:

Bbhaynes

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 8, 2021
Madison, MS
Apparently Heffner is really dragging on making their x-pipes so Kendell isn't taking orders for them. Anyone have any other recommendations? Also how do you find/order from The GT Guys? I've tried searching then and could not locate. Thanks.

I ended up just cutting the stock tips for the time being. Gonna have someone just make me a custom exhaust after the new year.

Reactions: Red-Rocket

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime