Ford GT Rally Transportation with Reliable Carriers

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Please contact Mike Klawitter with our long time transport partner Reliable Carrier for shipping quotes and information.

Michael Klawitter
mklawitter@reliablecarriers.com
Reliable Carriers Inc.
Office: (734) 453-6677 ext. 6205
Mobile: (734) 664-5560

Mike is well aware of where the cars are going and the break down of 05/06 or 17+ cars.

If you have not shipped your vehicle previously, I am always on location early to receive cars and I am always on location late to send cars off. There have been times where I have stayed behind with 20-30 sets of keys to get the cars safely off to their home destination. If your car arrives early, I will get it parked securely and have the keys waiting for you at the hotel.

Central

Kansas - 2 cars
Oklahoma - 1 car
South Dakota - 1 car

Midwest

Illinois - 1 car
Indiana - 2 cars
Michigan - 9 cars
Missouri - 1 car
Ohio - 1 car
Wisconsin - 2 cars

Northeast

Maryland - 1 car
Massachussetts - 2 cars
New Jersey - 2 cars
New York - 1 car

South

Louisiana - 1 car
Texas - 17 cars (Congratulations)

Southeast

Florida - 13 cars
Georgia - 2 cars

West

California - 10 cars
Nevada - 2 cars
Washington - 4 cars

These could go on a couple different pickup routes.

Colorado - 1 car
Kentucky - 1 car
Minnesota - 1 car
New Mexico - 2 cars

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Thanks Dave. Your count is 80 cars already.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Thanks Dave. Your count is 80 cars already.

There are also a fair amount missing in there that I know will transport themselves, and I left out Arizona.

As always, I will believe it when I see it!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I look at traveling to GT Rallies like I see traveling to Sturgis. There are two kinds of riders: those who trailer their bikes to Sturgis, and those who RIDE THEM! (Got that T-shirt a half dozen times).

It’s a car. DRIVE the damn thing!

Show it off. Stop at the Grand Canyon and get a happy-snap of you and your GT at the South Rim. Painted Desert. Petrified Forest NP. Meteor Crater. Saguaro NP. Sedona. Seligman, Route 66. There are so many scenic places in Arizona, and on the way there and back.

When you’re too old to drive and your kids take your car keys away, are you gonna wish you had driven your car to a few rallies, or sit around the olde farts’ home telling stories about trailering it?

Reactions: Nafod

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Dave, could you please move Texas from South? And put Texas under a separate heading? Haha!

Please contact Mike Klawitter with our long time transport partner Reliable Carrier for shipping quotes and information.

Michael Klawitter
Reliable Carriers Inc.

Mike is well aware of where the cars are going and the break down of 05/06 or 17+ cars.

If you have not shipped your vehicle previously, I am always on location early to receive cars and I am always on location late to send cars off. There have been times where I have stayed behind with 20-30 sets of keys to get the cars safely off to their home destination. If your car arrives early, I will get it parked securely and have the keys waiting for you at the hotel.

Central

Kansas - 2 cars
Oklahoma - 1 car
South Dakota - 1 car

Midwest

Illinois - 1 car
Indiana - 2 cars
Michigan - 9 cars
Missouri - 1 car
Ohio - 1 car
Wisconsin - 2 cars

Northeast

Maryland - 1 car
Massachussetts - 2 cars
New Jersey - 2 cars
New York - 1 car

South

Louisiana - 1 car

Southeast

Florida - 13 cars
Georgia - 2 cars

West

California - 10 cars
Nevada - 2 cars
Washington - 4 cars

Colorado - 1 car
Kentucky - 1 car
Minnesota - 1 car
New Mexico - 2 cars

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Dave, could you please move Texas from South? And put Texas under a separate heading? Haha!

Mexico

Texas - 17 cars (Felicidades)

(was this in bad taste, with the border crisis?)

Last edited:
Reactions: JWZ

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
It’s a car. DRIVE the damn thing!

Show it off. Stop at the Grand Canyon and get a happy-snap of you and your GT at the South Rim. Painted Desert. Petrified Forest NP. Meteor Crater. Saguaro NP. Sedona. Seligman, Route 66. There are so many scenic places in Arizona, and on the way there and back.

All reasonable routes from my place take me over Rocky Mountain passes and even higher elevations. These may be sunny and clear or deep in snow. That is why I am trailering along the lowest possible routes. Route already planned, getting ready to reserve hotels along the route. I am going to take the route via Moab, Utah and Jackpot, NV on the way home. High elevation, but hopefully south enough to be warm without snow. Anyway, I have no schedules to make (like Chip's bash) going home.

mach1pannu

GT Owner
Nov 17, 2019
Sent Mike a note today. Thanks for coordinating all of this David.

Reactions: extrap and dbk

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Mexico

Texas - 17 cars (Felicidades)

(was this in bad taste, with the border crisis?)

Muchos gracias Primo!

Reactions: extrap

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.

Michael Klawitter
Reliable Carriers Inc.

Mike is well aware of where the cars are going and the break down of 05/06 or 17+
cars.

Central

Kansas - 2 cars
Oklahoma - 1 car
South Dakota - 1 car

Midwest

Illinois - 1 car
Indiana - 2 cars
Michigan - 9 cars
Missouri - 1 car
Ohio - 1 car
Wisconsin - 2 cars

Northeast

Maryland - 1 car
Massachussetts - 2 cars
New Jersey - 2 cars
New York - 1 car

South

Louisiana - 1 car

Southeast

Florida - 13 cars
Georgia - 2 cars

West

California - 10 cars
Nevada - 2 cars
Washington - 4 cars

Colorado - 1 car
Kentucky - 1 car
Minnesota - 1 car
New Mexico - 2 cars
Hope I’m included in the Ma truck!
I’m bringing my 2019

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
All reasonable routes from my place take me over Rocky Mountain passes and even higher elevations. These may be sunny and clear or deep in snow. That is why I am trailering along the lowest possible routes. Route already planned, getting ready to reserve hotels along the route. I am going to take the route via Moab, Utah and Jackpot, NV on the way home. High elevation, but hopefully south enough to be warm without snow. Anyway, I have no schedules to make (like Chip's bash) going home.
Ed, yer in Spokane. US395 south through Tri Cities to I-84, then I-84 over Blue mountains (max elevation about 4000ft, won’t be any snow in November) through Boise to I-15. I-15 south to Las Vegas. Never seen snow down on I-15 in November. Thence US93 to Scottsdale. And if you don’t have a hard return date, then all the more reason to drive.😉

Last edited:

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
That's my exact route south. I have been in snow in the Blue Mtns in late October and Nov at less than 4000 feet. Unlikely, but possible. You are correct, I could make the decision at the last minute based on the weather forecast. I also want to follow the route home that I mentioned above. Those high elevations can get snow, probably again unlikely. Having the wrong car in snow is a very bad experience. I have learned over the years to play it
safe and enjoyable.

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Actually happened last year about this same time.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
As always, thanks so much Dave for handling all these details. We all appreciate it.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Already filled one Reliable Texas to AZ truck.

Reactions: Iconic GT

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
From past Rallies, about how many days beforehand do Reliable's trucks pick up cars?

I'm needing an idea of how soon mine needs to be ready.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
From past Rallies, about how many days beforehand do Reliable's trucks pick up cars?

I'm needing an idea of how soon mine needs to be ready.
Spoke to Mike yesterday. He said he was picking up the Austin cars on the 25th or 26th for a 29th arrival.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
They will give you ample notice.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Mine is still here in my garage in FL, which has my friends worried for me(!), but they suggested I could just Uber around Scottsdale. Wonder if I can also Uber around the track :unsure:

😁

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
extrap - I believe the truck that picked up my car last night in Jax, will be picking up your car as well.
They have 2 drivers (husband and wife) and said they will have NO problem getting to AZ by sometime Friday.
Don't worry - all good