2019 Carbon Series mileage milestone

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Classic Auto Insurance through Drew here on the Forum. I am signed up for 6K miles per year but I can go higher if I need to. Reasonable rates.

Ed

1997spider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 11, 2018
Washington D.C.
I have used Grundy. They are very good to deal with. Agreed replacement value is fair.

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
I use State Farm. 7500 miles a year.
I see you have state farm and that is who handled all automobile insurance but we are told no agreed value. I assume you dont have an AV with them correct?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I see you have state farm and that is who handled all automobile insurance but we are told no agreed value. I assume you dont have an AV with them correct?

I have my '05 at State Farm and when I tried to switch to agreed value they replied with:

The system will only allow me to quote up to $249,999.00. The vehicle would need to meet the following requirements to qualify as Classic only due to the age of vehicle wouldn’t qualify for Antique. The estimated price is $487.57 every six months for the same coverage you have on policy now. (I have the highest coverages offered and highest deductible offered)

Antique and Classic Automobiles

For classification and rating purposes, an “antique and classic automobile” is defined as a vehicle not driven or a limited use vehicle used primarily for:

•Exhibitions.
•Club activities.
•Parades.
•Similar functions of public interest.
•Infrequent pleasure driving.

These vehicles are not used regularly for personal, pleasure or business purposes.

Eligibility is determined by the following criteria:

•Historic interest
•Condition
•Storage

Additional considerations

•Vehicles valued above $1,000,000 are ineligible.
•An aggregate vehicle value cap of $3,000,000 applies for multiple antiques and classics owned by a single insured.

Antique and Classic Definition

An automobile is considered an antique if it is 25 years or older.

An automobile is considered classic if it is between 10 and 24 years old.

All of the following must also be true about the antique or classic vehicle:

•It has historic interest.
•It has been restored with exceptional workmanship, has been maintained and preserved in its original condition, or is undergoing a restoration by an antique automobile hobbyist.
•It has not been driven or has been used on a very limited basis, such as for infrequent pleasure driving, parades, club activities, or similar functions of public interest.
•It has not been used regularly for personal, pleasure, or business purposes

I might still switch to another company, when I get time to shop.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
FWIW I would not even remotely consider a policy that wasn't Agreed Value for a GT, or anything of value...

Reactions: extrap

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I do not have agreed value.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
If you haven’t already, should check with your insurance co. to know what they would pay you if it got hit by a bus, or a tree fell on it. If your policy says “Actual cash value,” or similar language, that means the dealer-to-dealer wholesale price, trade-in value, or loan value. Probably about 20% lower than market value.

Reactions: extrap

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I don't think you guys figure in speeding tickets and what happens when a company drops you. I am plenty happy with what I have.

anya

NGT,GT/GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
SPEEDING TICKETS??

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Hagerty with,
Unlimited mileage and Agreed value.
I am satisfied.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Im glad I have a lot of restraint, and drive like a complete sally on the street. I do not envy those comments.

I don't think you guys figure in speeding tickets and what happens when a company drops you. I am plenty happy with what I have.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Without agreed value, should there be a loss, you could spend a year and tens of thousands in legal fees trying to get appropriate replacement value. Your NGT with a ‘street’ value of $750-850k could be a 'depreciated' $400k in the insurer's eyes. Honestly, I can't stress importance of agreed value policies enough. We use them for all our 'normal' cars as well.

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
New mileage milestone….DF84E968-3188-46A2-A587-778FE134D6AE.jpeg8F342D40-D28F-414E-96D2-DC78F12BE702.jpeg

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
So, when are the long overdue hot laps at LR going to take place.................waiting!!!!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
So, when are the long overdue hot laps at LR going to take place.................waiting!!!!
I’m happy driving my cup car on the race track.
Be glad to take you for a ride in that590E6455-B7D5-4AF5-AC7A-BA1EA1A81A9D.jpeg

Reactions: RPM217

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Hey, I can do that too.

Attachments

• Porsche 911S.jpg
    Porsche 911S.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 0

medici78

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2006
El Paso, TX
So who's got the highest mileage? Most I've seen was a blue one with 40k. I'm barely at 700 itching to put more on.

Reactions: Iconic GT

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I’m happy driving my cup car on the race track.
Be glad to take you for a ride in thatView attachment 63512
While I had always hoped to get the laps in the NGT, I would love to meet you at LRP for laps, when we can arrange it!!!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
While I had always hoped to get the laps in the NGT, I would love to meet you at LRP for laps, when we can arrange it!!!
I’ll check the schedule and get back to you

Reactions: RPM217

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Use Drew at Classic Auto, which then is a AV, unlimited, non restricted policy from Hagerty.