Cars and Coffee mode

Oufan2929

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2015
Well, when I get determined to do something, it usually comes to fruition with a little luck:). Gentlemen, I introduce to you Cars and Coffee mode. Fully reversible to stock, no drilling, cutting, etc required. It’s no different than if you were driving in track mode. Great for cars and coffee, car shows, or just staring at it in your garage. If there’s enough interest, I may consider selling this as a package. This may or may not be my car. Took place in Mexico…maybe, lol

Enjoy!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Man, I appreciate your commitment but your warranty is extremely voided and I think you may find that regrettable on this car.

Oufan2929

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2015
Man, I appreciate your commitment but your warranty is extremely voided and I think you may find that regrettable on this car.
I knew you’d love it, DBK lol

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I knew you’d love it, DBK lol

All I can say is I’ve got a great deal of service and repair experience with these cars stock, and it’s often excruciating even when someone else is footing a warranty bill.

Oufan2929

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2015
All I can say is I’ve got a great deal of service and repair experience with these cars stock, and it’s often excruciating even when someone else is footing a warranty bill.
Can you expand on what was excruciating on a warranty bill? Not being a smart ass, genuinely curious…

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Long story short: the process of diagnosing a service issue, procuring the parts in a timely manner, and eliminating the problem in one take is not always smooth or stress free.

Oufan2929

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2015
Long story short: the process of diagnosing a service issue, procuring the parts in a timely manner, and eliminating the problem in one take is not always smooth or stress free.
Hopefully that will get better as time goes on and dealers become more familiar with the cars and parts become more readily available. The car we did this on, the owner never plans to sell it. So he said in no time his warranty will be up anyways. He just really wanted it to stay like this on demand. So we waived the magic wand:)

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
How was this done (not of interest to me, just curious)?

medici78

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2006
El Paso, TX
I'm curious if this will affect the hard parts and warranty. I had understood the hydraulic pump needed to be running in order to compress the coil springs to lower it so I'm definitely intrigued. My '06 is lowered so I definitely appreciated the stance.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
"line-lock style" solenoid?

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
There is a big difference in Track mode high pressures for track time and parking it for hours or days with pressures at fixed rate. If that's how it is done? I'm a tech and believe the engineers design something that way for a reason. I'm sure while designing someone said why cant we park it in track mode. I'm old school and fix diesels and some of the aftermarket add on' tuners and other things will cause damage to the engine or components. JMO.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm curious if this will affect the hard parts and warranty. I had understood the hydraulic pump needed to be running in order to compress the coil springs to lower it so I'm definitely intrigued. My '06 is lowered so I definitely appreciated the stance.

Yes it will absolutely void any warranty related to the hydraulic system. We recently had a forum member have to replace a small section of hydraulic line that was persistently leaking and the part itself was several thousand dollars. Hydraulic leaks are not rare.

medici78

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2006
El Paso, TX
"line-lock style" solenoid?
I was also thinking it was some kind of in-line solenoid.

Reactions: DakotaGT