Events or experiences in your GT

F Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2021
Toronto
We should make this a sticky.

As you may know, I am a proud new owner of a 2005 GT. I’ve already put 700 miles on it and as it stands (at close to 12K now), it will have tens of thousands more by the time they box me up.

In the meantime, I am spending a lot of time with my young son in it and we are having a ball.

Here he is fueling it last night.

1DEA09F6-1815-45C6-A5BF-07CE41281F95.jpeg

Reactions: extrap

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
It is fantastic that you and your son are out having fun. Just wait until you realize you will be a Rock Star everywhere you go in this car.

Curious, do you think the front plate is interfering with air flow thru your new HiPo radiator (which I covet).

F Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2021
Toronto
It is fantastic that you and your son are out having fun. Just wait until you realize you will be a Rock Star everywhere you go in this car.

Curious, do you think the front plate is interfering with air flow thru your new HiPo radiator (which I covet).

unfortunately, here in Canada, you need a front plate. I am keeping an eye on the heat gauge and it appears to be working great so far.
Because all of our restaurants remain closed, we had to get take out sushi and dine on the car in beautiful Glen Williams.
The GT makes a great dinner table.
8A73C4A9-23D9-402E-8B13-B993CCE77B36.jpegCEF2A5F9-E9D9-450F-ABBC-1B8C5A64DCE9.jpeg

F Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2021
Toronto
The kid at the wheel. Easy does it.

486FFDEB-62C1-4723-ADE6-C9CEFAF6D063.jpeg

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
unfortunately, here in Canada, you need a front plate. I am keeping an eye on the heat gauge and it appears to be working great so far.
Because all of our restaurants remain closed, we had to get take out sushi and dine on the car in beautiful Glen Williams.
View attachment 63335View attachment 63336
This might free up the airflow a bit. And easily removed if you go to a show or cars and coffee

BEAUTIFUL car. We put 6500 miles in the first year alone.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Hope you didn't get Sushi at the gas station. Enjoy the ride!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
The other thing you can do with the license plate is drill a bunch of holes in it

F Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2021
Toronto
Hope you didn't get Sushi at the gas station. Enjoy the ride!

OMG!! Where else would you get it?

Reactions: SYCO GT

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
This might free up the airflow a bit. And easily removed if you go to a show or cars and coffee

Thanks for this suggestion, just ordered one. Although Texas is pretty lenient about this, will appreciate having a backup solution

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Front plate???....move to Alberta...Scenic roads in the Rockies and no front plate!
Nice car....drive and enjoy it!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL

Last edited:

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
Glen Williams…you’re not to far from me, less than 20 klm . There is another member here with a couple FGT’s north of the Glen

F Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2021
Toronto
Front plate???....move to Alberta...Scenic roads in the Rockies and no front plate!
Nice car....drive and enjoy it!

love Alberta. Ski there with the family all the time. Looking forward to meeting you

F Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2021
Toronto
Glen Williams…you’re not to far from me, less than 20 klm . There is another member here with a couple FGT’s north of the Glen
I’m in Cambridge, but lived in Georgetown for 8 years with wife and the kids.

F Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2021
Toronto
I look forward to hooking up this summer. We should organize a GT gathering. There is a couple of guys with GTs in Cambridge that I haven’t met yet.

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
I look forward to hooking up this summer. We should organize a GT gathering. There is a couple of guys with GTs in Cambridge that I haven’t met yet.
sure, sounds good.. usually Steve Schneider or Angelo sets up the meets. hoping we r out of this fn lock-down and are able to gather.

Reactions: F Pilot

F Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2021
Toronto
Felt around front plate and there was a ton of sucking air taking place with the fans seemingly on much more.
So I’ve removed the plate

Reactions: 2112

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
Felt around front plate and there was a ton of sucking air taking place with the fans seemingly on much more.
So I’ve removed the plate
I think polito ford has a bracket that is wedged between the splitter and body. I did a custom bracket that attaches to the splitter and is easy to remove….if I want to.

Reactions: F Pilot

F Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2021
Toronto
If you own a decent car, you should be exempt from putting it on and ruining the profile of our rolling art.

There are mounts that bolt into the tow hook hole.

Maybe I’ll just call myself an activist and leave it off. Right to peaceful protest?

Reactions: viva gt

F Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2021
Toronto
If you own a decent car, you should be exempt from putting it on and ruining the profile of our rolling art.

There are mounts that bolt into the tow hook hole.

Maybe I’ll just call myself an activist and leave it off. Right to peaceful protest?

I believe it’s in the charter. 😁