Transaxle fluid use

Do any other Ford vehicles use the same transaxle fluid as the GT or is it unique?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Unique I believe. The bottle says specifically for...

Unique I believe. The bottle says specifically for...
I thought it might be used in a new Mustang or something else new. If it is unique use, I wonder how long Ford will continue to sell it ...? After all, it IS a part, and many GT parts are getting hard to come by.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
There was a thread here about buying on Amazon. The picture and description were correct, but I received the incorrect Gear oil.

Next time;

Ford GT Transaxle Fluid (cooltechllc.com)

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Interesting it Staes that with/out trans cooler similar volume is added to system when servicing.
My transcooler instructions told me to add about .5-.75 of a quart (not sure of exact number) once fitted

Stu

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Interesting it Staes that with/out trans cooler similar volume is added to system when servicing.
My transcooler instructions told me to add about .5-.75 of a quart (not sure of exact number) once fitted

Stu

My guess is that you don't get complete drainage during service (once the cooler is installed).

Reactions: TO AWSUM

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
wrong part #

Last edited:

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Oil pump belt, transaxle fluid. Is this how it's gonna go?

Come on, Ford! ... these things are valuable.

Oh well. I can always drive my Nissan Titan.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL

Stu

Agree with 2112. When you drain the tranny, it doesn't drain the cooler completely.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Ford part # XY-75W90-QL. Check Tasca Parts.

This is the WRONG part number. Please DO NOT USE.

The correct Part number is: XT-75W90-QGT