Trusted Florida shops for new clutch fitmen?

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Looks like my clutch is about toast.
Kendall mentioned Hennessy in Sarasota but I think their slammed (I spoke to Ryan?) and didn’t call me back last Friday on if they had time so I’m trying to see who else I could harass as option.

I have a track day last Sunday of March so about two weeks and would love to know who to call Monday to stay in the game.

Thanks for your ideas
Stu

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Heffner
Is in Sarasota

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The Florida guys need to kick in here.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Op meant to say that I recommended Heffner's Performance - and he subsequently spoke to Ryan over there at Jason's. I guess they are too busy.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I put the word out to some of the FL guys to respond here.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Rick at Sarasota Ford has done clutches. Totally reliable and talented, but will be pricey through the dealership. Also, they keep Rick very busy and you'll probably have to wait your turn. May be worth a call though.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I second what Howard said.

Kpgarage

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2019
Rick at Peacock Ford is the best in central Florida. His experience goes all the way back to the suspension recalls on the first cars. Although I’ve not had him do a clutch on our cars I fully trust him and he is real car guy in addition to being a senior master Ford tech.. Hope that helps. KO

CampoLady

GT Owner
May 25, 2018
If Jason answers your call he's out of Sarasota

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Heffner is outstanding.
Absolutely clean shop.
Top shelf for these cars!
Don't know about wait time.
Best,
Mark

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Off to see Heffner crew around easter for install.

SPEC organic clutch ready and hydraulic throwout and pilot bearing here Wednesday (Kendall recommended doing those)

Just got to remember to take the SRF over with me for new clutch fluid.

I see 500 miles break in for the SPEC.....dang.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Excellent!

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Thanks for the Heffner heads up... top shop/team

Jason and Ryan banged out the clutch over the weekend so all fresh, putting it on the trailer wasn't the best way to wake the clutch but Jason did it with ease.
The SPEC organic clutch has more weight (leg effort, not that much more) and what I'd say is the correct take up point thats much earlier then the old OEM.
Getting a little chatter when rolling, so trying to die it off the lights for now.

Got the front right pad thats grabbing very slight 24/7 right now, piston not backing up the .5mm it needs to be clear