Check engine light help

unotaz

GT Owner
May 24, 2018
Los Angeles
I haven't driven my FGT in well over 3 months. I was moving the car to get access to some storage space behind. Car started right up, no problem as it was on battery tender today. But right away, I got a check engine light. I used my OBD2 reader and the codes are:

P1235 Fuel Pump control out of range
P1237 Secondary Circuit (FP) Driver Module
P12450 Unable to bleed up fuel tank vacuum

Is this something I need to worry about (parts gone bad) or will they will just go away with some miles?

Reactions: Art138

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Did you try to clear the codes and drive it til it warms up to see if it repeats?

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
I would get that checked on their proprietary diagnostic machine, If you can, be present
during major fixes to your car

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Clear codes and go for a drive

Reactions: texas mongrel

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
With those errors, I would also suspect the car will exhibit drivability issues and the most likely cause is that the secondary fuel pump has failed - but then we already told you this.

Reactions: GEE-TEE

unotaz

GT Owner
May 24, 2018
Los Angeles
Got it. I will go for a drive this weekend and report back.

With those errors, I would also suspect the car will exhibit drivability issues and the most likely cause is that the secondary fuel pump has failed - but then we already told you this.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Clear codes, poke flapper in fuel filler(carefully) and drive it.
P1235 and P1237-Check the fuel pump relay.
P1450-too much vacuum build up in fuel tank. Something is restricted.

unotaz

GT Owner
May 24, 2018
Los Angeles
Got it, thanks!

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Poke flapper??? My 2006 doesn't have a flapper and can't be poked without damaging it. My fuel seal moves to the side and does not flap. So, I always carefully move it sideways when refueling and never poke it.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Poke flapper??? My 2006 doesn't have a flapper and can't be poked without damaging it. My fuel seal moves to the side and does not flap. So, I always carefully move it sideways when refueling and never poke it.
The top part slides to the side. Below that is the flapper(the actual seal) that's known to break(not this problem). If there's excessive vacuum in the tank, "poking" it open will relieve it.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
The top part slides to the side. Below that is the flapper(the actual seal) that's known to break(not this problem). If there's excessive vacuum in the tank, "poking" it open will relieve it.
After many refuels, I've never looked down inside and noticed the flapper. LOL