High mileage value

Domantas

Jul 22, 2019
Hello all. Being middle class guy with hopes to own a GT in next few years I've been agonizing about this idea for a year now. Even had a chassis purchased with hopes to buy a totaled car to rebuild. But due to some circumstances I gave up on that idea but recently I've been looking around and found that several with accident history cars sold for high 100s, low 200s. I've also heard of few very high mileage cars out there with one having over 140k miles on it. I am not afraid of a high mileage car.

When (if) time comes to place a bid, what to expect say for a 80k no accident car?

Don't want to settle for a higher format c8. C8 is great but not my hero. My current cars are 1999 Viper GTS (my all time favorite car) and 2015 Alfa 4c (selling this one to fund my GT).

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Once you achieve your goal, the Viper will no longer be your favorite car.

Good luck!

Last edited:

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I have 66Kmi on mine, so I watch the market for cars with miles on them. Very few high-mileage GTs come up for sale, so it’s hard to gauge the market. Even so, I’d guess one with 80Kmi would be in the low $200 range.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Even salvage cars are going for 200K-ish these days.

Reactions: 2112 and Domantas

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
My car is absolutely in mint condition with 55k on it. As time roles on mileage I feel will mean less and less. Hagerty told me my car was under insured at 240. They subsequently insured it for 275 at no additional cost to me!
Is it worth 275 ? Probably not! But it is invaluable to me! It will only sell after my demise!
A friend on the forum sold his 88k GT for 200ish. I believe he could have got more.
A salvage title car would be ok if Rich Brooks of GT Guy LLC fame has rebuilt it.
What ever you do make sure to reach out to Rich for finding a car or a PPI IF YOU find one
Best of luck on your search. It will be worth it! The car is iconic and never gets old!
not so for me personally!

Attachments

• 0A353152-E3E6-4D26-AAC4-F3DF7D5FC489.jpeg
    0A353152-E3E6-4D26-AAC4-F3DF7D5FC489.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • C6EBEE1C-E231-4CCA-BA74-EFDDD60AB5FA.jpeg
    C6EBEE1C-E231-4CCA-BA74-EFDDD60AB5FA.jpeg
    825.9 KB · Views: 0

Domantas

Jul 22, 2019
Once you achieve your goal, the Viper will no longer your favorite car.

Good luck!

This is the car I'll be taking to my grave. I am 100% sure driving experience and all performance aspects of GT is much better than gen 2 Viper but the looks of black GTS with polished CCW classics is magical to me and the crazy memories it brings are priceless. Having a black no stripe GT next to it is the goal though. Two of my all time favorite cars. Wouldn't take any eight digit car over these two.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
I too have have a ‘99 Viper with polished CCWs (Silver n/s) I’ve owned it for over 15 years. I love the car and keep it for what it represents to me. I have 25k on my my black n/s gt. The cars have nothing in common except their lineage to Shelby. I still love the raw look and feel of the Viper and doubt I will part with it anytime soon but it seldom comes off the lift.
If you find your dream car I suspect this will become your story as well.
Good luck.... take your time, do your research and buy the right car...for you. You will never regret it!

Reactions: Domantas and JWZ

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
There’s no doubt that super low mileage cars command a premium, but these cars are so rock solid that IMO, high mileage is not a big deal. One of our forum members sold his 80k-ish car in late-2019 for sub-$200k which was an absolute steal. Like Ron, my 06 with 52,000 miles is insured for $275k but as I’ll never sell it, that’s irrelevant.

mach1pannu

GT Owner
Nov 17, 2019
I watched for years before I purchased mine in 2019. The prices go up and down but have steadily increased. Just be ready to pull the trigger when the right car shows up and don't look back at the price.