Who knew

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
So, finally got round to fixing the bum passenger side turn signal and while I was in there I wanted to replace the broken front side marker lamp assembly. Who knew, this item is from a 2003 Land Rover Freelander!
BTW, pulling the fender liner out was just as horrible the second time around as it was the first time when I had to fix a busted fuel filler flap71700C08-3B08-49B4-8225-7F1F7479553A.jpeg

Attachments

• 2E482635-88F4-44F4-84B1-893EA33F3F8A.jpeg
    2E482635-88F4-44F4-84B1-893EA33F3F8A.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: Vince H and viva gt

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Indeed, it is. At the time, Ford owned Rover, and Aston, hence the Aston wings on the calipers. Part of the "Premier Group" if I recall.

The fender liner sucks. I did it twice in the last year, because I was foolish, and only cleaned the contacts of the turn signal lamp, vs changing it. Changed it the 2nd time.... Do use dielectric grease on the lamp

Reactions: Vince H

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
you can always get a second set of liner and turn them into a two piece design to make removal and install much easier..

Reactions: 2112 and DakotaGT

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
you can always get a second set of liner and turn them into a two piece design to make removal and install much easier..

Totally agree... Or just cut your originals in half and buy the molded “coupler” strip kit with rivets from BMF/Dan Schoneck, takes 10 minutes and makes the job much easier and less dreadful next time you need to go back in there. Although once you wrestle with them a few times, it gets easier.

Reactions: B.M.F. and 2112

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
And if you do this, you won't ever have to pull it again!

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Doesn’t help the reality is very different from the manual - there’s way more fasteners holding in the liner than the book specifies

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Heat can help. Just must be cautious. Flexibility is the goal, obviously not permanent bending.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Totally agree... Or just cut your originals in half and buy the molded “coupler” strip kit with rivets from BMF/Dan Schoneck, takes 10 minutes and makes the job much easier and less dreadful next time you need to go back in there. Although once you wrestle with them a few times, it gets easier.

I do this on ever car I own and ever car I work on as the customer allows. Oem inner fenders are $1000.00 for the pair now and you ruin one half of them and one half of the old set to make them work.

My deal is $250.00..

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
So, finally got round to fixing the bum passenger side turn signal and while I was in there I wanted to replace the broken front side marker lamp assembly. Who knew, this item is from a 2003 Land Rover Freelander!
BTW, pulling the fender liner out was just as horrible the second time around as it was the first time when I had to fix a busted fuel filler flapView attachment 62150
GTJoey and I picked up a 50 of those at Ford Carlisle one year still in the Land Rover boxes. like you said, who knew!!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
There is a thread here some where about some of the other "parts bin" items on the car. The steering column, window switches, wheel bearings (but there has been debate on that). The list is actually surprisingly small.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
There is a thread here some where about some of the other "parts bin" items on the car. The steering column, window switches, wheel bearings (but there has been debate on that). The list is actually surprisingly small.
like the starters plastic connector(you know the one that melts when you install long tube headers) having a Toyota part number?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
you can always get a second set of liner

Wanna bet? Like an increasing number of GT parts - Discontinued.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
The one that gets crispy even with a stock exhaust, with track use, also? I did not. I did however get some DEI heat shielding to make it better (not that the GT will see much track use any longer)

like the starters plastic connector(you know the one that melts when you install long tube headers) having a Toyota part number?

Tomcat

GT Owner
Heat can help. Just must be cautious. Flexibility is the goal, obviously not permanent bending.
Waiting until Summer helps with heat/pliability.