2021 Graphics

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I’m going to pass on the Studio Collection and probably go with the extended pallet.

What were the deciding factors?

D06GT19GT

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2018
I like the accents as they are more modern. I have the classic twin stripes on mine.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
What were the deciding factors?
I didn’t really care for the paint scheme but the rarity had me thinking about it (only 40 made over 2 year period) but when he told me $65000 for the double stripes and $90000 for the solid top stripe I stopped thinking about it pretty quick. 😳

I put my order in today for an extended palette with all the carbon trim and wheels plus the upgraded Dark Energy interior. Deposit check is mailed so now I just wait. It’s been about a five year wait already so 6 more months won’t kill me. I just hope nothing else does either!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I didn’t really care for the paint scheme but the rarity had me thinking about it (only 40 made over 2 year period) but when he told me $65000 for the double stripes and $90000 for the solid top stripe I stopped thinking about it pretty quick. 😳

I put my order in today for an extended palette with all the carbon trim and wheels plus the upgraded Dark Energy interior. Deposit check is mailed so now I just wait. It’s been about a five year wait already so 6 more months won’t kill me. I just hope nothing else does either!
Congratulations mate!
Any GT is special!
Like DBK says . You will always be the only one on the block with one!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
65000 for the double stripes and $90000 for the solid top stripe
Surely that's a misprint on price??

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
No, and that does not include the prospect of ECP, which adds an additional $45k minimum.

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
And if you want your mirror caps to match the Studio Collection stripe colour that is another $5,000.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
No, and that does not include the prospect of ECP, which adds an additional $45k minimum.

Dave- Did ECP min. Go up for 2021?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
No. This only (imo inexplicably) applies to “Studio Collection.”

Reactions: Special K

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

Holy smokes. In 2006 I thought the option price for the stripes was obscene.........

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Holy smokes. In 2006 I thought the option price for the stripes was obscene.........

Oh now that's funny, as I felt similarly. Wasn't it $5350? I was thinking at the time if I ever wanted them, I could get them painted for less.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Oh now that's funny, as I felt similarly. Wasn't it $5350? I was thinking at the time if I ever wanted them, I could get them painted for less.

Yeah, it was something like that. I remember being mildly outraged. 😂

SPI

Nov 28, 2018
Chicago
I just bought a Shelby GT 350 for $65K but the stripes are not painted though. I am anxious to see some of the studio collections for 2021.

Reactions: ScottK

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Painted stripes (an upgrade option over vinyl) on the new GT500 is $10k.

No stripes on either of our GT's, less sticker shock there.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
If I were buying a GT500, I’d buy it in one color, then take it to someone who does clear film/vinyl graphics and have them put on the stripes for $1500 or so. That way I could change the stripes or put something else on it when I want to.

...Which gives me an idea for my truck. :unsure:

Reactions: Ed Sims

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Edited. Disregard- my reading comprehension is poor today.

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
If I were buying a GT500, I’d buy it in one color, then take it to someone who does clear film/vinyl graphics and have them put on the stripes for $1500 or so. That way I could change the stripes or put something else on it when I want to.

...Which gives me an idea for my truck. :unsure:
Thats about all they are if u get the vinyl stripes from the factory.....1000 for the vinyl over the top stripe and 375 for the vinyl side stripe which is exactly what I did.If u order the painted over the top stripe(10k) you cant get the side stripe from the factory.

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
Nice

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime

I was offered a Studio Collection and like the hourglass stripes. However I thought the $65,000 price for the stripes was more than a little excessive so I also passed.

SPI

Nov 28, 2018
Chicago

Would love to see more pictures of the first studio collection and the following.