Thoughts on tires. Michelin Pilot 4S in 325/30/19

Chempowr

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2014
Houston, TX
I’ve gone through my rear Bridgestone and thinking about trying a different tire. The 4S above are an inch shorter I believe but will it make a difference since these cars have no stability control? Any thoughts appreciated.

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
I would stick with the Bridgestones; they have proved over the years to be reliable and add a margin of safety over some of the competing brands. Make sure that a shorter circumference does not leave a gap in the fender wells making the car look awkward.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
The 4S has a softer side wall . Kills the handling

Last edited:

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
In 2016, I adopted a radical solution, and replaced the BBS wheels with HRE, to mount MICHELIN Pilot Super Cup 245/35/19 at the front and 345/30/20 at the rear, which was the best tires, in my opinion.

The goal was both functional and aesthetic (wheels).

The benefit was beyond all expectations, in terms of handling, smooth ride and steering feel.

IMG_0367.jpeg

IMG_0092.jpeg

Chempowr

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2014
Houston, TX
Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Tomcat

GT Owner
The forest has a softer side wall . Kills the handling
Did you dictate? forest = 4S I read phonetically.

Reactions: Special K

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
^^
What did you decide?
If you are there yet.
Happy Holidays

morsben

Jun 5, 2020
In 2016, I adopted a radical solution, and replaced the BBS wheels with HRE, to mount MICHELIN Pilot Super Cup 245/35/19 at the front and 345/30/20 at the rear, which was the best tires, in my opinion.

The goal was both functional and aesthetic (wheels).

The benefit was beyond all expectations, in terms of handling, smooth ride and steering feel.

View attachment 62019

View attachment 62020

How was their performance and traction on wet pavement? I will order tires from 4wheelonline soon, and the Michelin PSC 2 is one of my choices.

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
How was their performance and traction on wet pavement? I will order tires from 4wheelonline soon, and the Michelin PSC 2 is one of my choices.

With the Michelin, the grip on slippery surfaces is greatly improved.

But beware :

As a Ford GT has no assistance, it remains delicate to drive, especially in wet or cold conditions. The rear may want to go ahead.
Whatever the brand of tires, it is essential to wait until they are really hot, before applying them.

Reactions: morsben

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Did you dictate? forest = 4S I read phonetically.
Yes 4S