Seller's remorse...

Tomcat

GT Owner
I am awaiting a wire transfer for my 1973 Pantera that I have had for 34 years. It was my first "special" car...and I rarely sell any cars. As I age and transition to a different style/location in life, I needed to shrink my footprint (but not my carbon footprint as my boat and V10 Excurion tow vehicle offset ANY gains). I know this group understands.
Thanks,
Tom

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I far more often have seller’s remorse than buyers. Best to either not look back on it, or only fondlly

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I am awaiting a wire transfer for my 1973 Pantera that I have had for 34 years. It was my first "special" car...and I rarely sell any cars. As I age and transition to a different style/location in life, I needed to shrink my footprint (but not my carbon footprint as my boat and V10 Excurion tow vehicle offset ANY gains). I know this group understands.
Thanks,
Tom

'Been there, done that. Several times.
However, reality says in order to keep every car you've ever wanted to keep, you'd have to have a storage building the size of a Boeing facility.
'Not really all that practical. ;-)

Tomcat

GT Owner
'Been there, done that. Several times.
However, reality says in order to keep every car you've ever wanted to keep, you'd have to have a storage building the size of a Boeing facility.
'Not really all that practical. ;-)
So true, my footprint/land in North Carolina does not allow for any more garage space and I essentially have the same problem in Florida. Boyles Gas (Garage) Law...gas (stuff) will expand to fill any void/vessel available.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
I tried to sell my 71 Pantera..............the car changed it's mind.
Completely understand!!!!
Mark

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Still wanting your Pantera, but still don't have a Boeing Hanger to store it in!!!

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
everything hurts sometimes.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
everything hurts sometimes.

You must be at that age too then, huh... ;-)

Tomcat

GT Owner
I tried to sell my 71 Pantera..............the car changed it's mind.
Completely understand!!!!
Mark
Mine is/was a 72 1/2...higher hp engine, two pod dash but with bumpers added to make it a 73.

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
Totally understand, I sold a Cobra 427 (reproduction) that I owned 18 years and regret selling it as well as the 2010 Viper ACR that I kept almost 4 years. The purchasers of both vehicles keep in touch but I still regret parting with those cars.
However, I plan to keep this GT awhile!!!!

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Worst case of seller’s remorse for me was when a 350R clone I’d spent years building disappeared into its shipping trailer on the way to its new owner. To make matters worse330466F5-A44D-4E3C-9937-F548D2F4CCC7.jpeg0AF7FB93-8C65-4C37-84D3-DD28202821FF.jpeg, not too long after the new owners did this at Spa in an FIA race

Reactions: steved57

Tomcat

GT Owner
Worst case of seller’s remorse for me was when a 350R clone I’d spent years building disappeared into its shipping trailer on the way to its new owner. To make matters worseView attachment 62003View attachment 62004, not too long after the new owners did this at Spa in an FIA race
Almost criminal!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Oh my, I remember you posting it when I think you finished it, or tracked it 1st time, I don't remember. Tragic.

I do hope there were no human bodily injuries (car looks hurt, already, and it wasn't finished yet)

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Had to get off post #666...

Loved my old Pantera converted to Group V spec. Stroked to 406, aluminum heads, roller cam and 8 stacks of electronic fuel injection.Aspen CECA.jpg

Tomcat

GT Owner
Had to get off post #666...

Loved my old Pantera converted to Group V spec. Stroked to 406, aluminum heads, roller cam and 8 stacks of electronic fuel injection.
Wow, I always wanted to do that (or a GT5-S) but mine was so painless to own and enjoy that I did not want to mess with it. Now you have me thinking again!

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Oh my, I remember you posting it when I think you finished it, or tracked it 1st time, I don't remember. Tragic.

I do hope there were no human bodily injuries (car looks hurt, already, and it wasn't finished yet)
He was fine, car was totaled. I heard that before the wreck he’d podiumed in it at a 12 hour Sebring race.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Tomcat,

I bet just about every member here has a story about the car they sold and regretted parting with. I've got a couple but here is the big one for me. First year 1969 Trans Am Ram Air IV 4-speed. Only about 50 Ram Air IV's out of the 694 T/A's built that first model year. It was nearly perfect and I sold it in 1994 for $10,000. It's probably worth $160,000 today and it was a blast to drive. Ugh. But at least......YOU'LL NEVER GET OVER IT!!!!! (and yes I had the original Dark grey & silver Rally II wheels) I was younger then and I thought these white & silver Rally II wheels looked cool.

Chip

69 Trans Am.jpg

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
View attachment 62004, not too long after the new owners did this at Spa in an FIA race

Don't they know it's supposed to be "shiny side up"? Geez...

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Tomcat,

I bet just about every member here has a story about the car they sold and regretted parting with. I've got a couple but here is the big one for me. First year 1969 Trans Am Ram Air IV 4-speed. Only about 50 Ram Air IV's out of the 694 T/A's built that first model year. It was nearly perfect and I sold it in 1994 for $10,000. It's probably worth $160,000 today and it was a blast to drive. Ugh. But at least......YOU'LL NEVER GET OVER IT!!!!! (and yes I had the original Dark grey & silver Rally II wheels) I was younger then and I thought these white & silver Rally II wheels looked cool.

Chip

View attachment 62012

1970 Chevelle SS 454...LS6 450/454...M-22 4-spd.
'Sold it in 1972 ahead of the birth of our 1st daughter (for $3,500?).
To the amusement of many, back then I predicted it'd be worth $100,000 by the year 2000.
Just before Christmas in 1999, its current owner called me. He was chasing down the car's ownership history.
He'd just bought it. 'Paid $100,000 for it.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Had the same car..................college tuition!

Reactions: Empty Pockets