Wanted-L inner kick panel

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Mine's getting beat up by my shoes when getting in (actually from the last person). I'd like a cherry one to stash away for later so I can hop in and not worry about scuffing this one anymore.

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
I have used leather dye on mine....works well.

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Tandy leather has some great leather products. I use their Dr. Jackson's Leather conditioner. Actually smells like new leather.

Their stores also carry finished leather sheets that match the GT perfectly. At surprisingly minimal cost. You could just recover your kick panel.

The color on leather seats and couches is actually paint like and not a dye. Tandy carries dye not the paint. Although the dye will work for touch up as mentioned by Art138. You can get the leather spray paint at shoe and boot repair shops. Also on line. The product is called Moneysworth & Best Brillo Leather Coloring. Auto paint stores have the same product sold under the SEM brand although fewer color choices. This also works great on leather couches, use two colors to match the modeled look.

Reactions: 2112

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Might work great. Did you use it yet?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I tried the black by itself and it was an vast improvement. The blue is supposed to arrive tomorrow Monday so I can custom mix to get that blueish black color

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
You could remove the panel and send it to knights Automotive (Steve Hemstock)

(715) 330-8282

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
As little as mine is scuffed one of these products should bring it back, then I could probably cover it with a clear something. Would still like a spare if there's one out there..
Thanks