Thoughts on the Heritage GT —>

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
They don’t jive with my thoughts at all, but sharing to hear what others think within the community.

6528FC15-2B3F-4E4F-A635-2CAF36A8BC08.jpeg
In the recent Sports Car Market Magazine.
Cheers,

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Paint is more than just "stripes-and-stickers", and the fact that the '06 Heritage is a real Ford-made variant, and people love them, for the look, the rarity, the historical connection, etc makes me think the premium is likely to sustain. There's just no other car that looks like it that's relatively obtainable.

Look back further, to say the mid 70s, when a real Ford GT was ~10 years old. How many back then thought they'd still be relevant, desirable and appreciating in value 40+ years later. Most would probably have predicted we'd all be driving electric cars or even hover crafts / air vehicles of some kind by now.

All that said, I'm not good at market predictions.

Reactions: Cadster

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
I've been seeing a few different GT's through the back window of mine lately and the Heritage does have more of a "race car" look to it. The pic of mine through the back window of a McLaren looks like grandpa's car.

jr66

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2017
scottsdale
I love my car. I did not buy it for an investment, so what other people think about the value is not important. It is priceless to me!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I love my car. I did not buy it for an investment, so what other people think about the value is not important. It is priceless to me!
Totally agree!!!
There have been numerous threads on values.
Personally the only investment a car is to me is my enjoyment
As I have said repeatedly. I’m not saving it for the next guy!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Ask our kids about values, and their thoughts. That might be when ours are available.

Reactions: Cadster

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Ask our kids about values, and their thoughts. That might be when ours are available.

Well, if you're gonna do that our cars might be almost worthless - Most of my friends had to force their kids to get their driver license. Seems they're all satisfied sitting in their room staring at their phone. I'm thinking that in another decade of human evolution heads will start tilting down permanently, and with COVID masks pulling forward, ears will stick straight out.

Reactions: futurelegendyyc

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Lance,i dont see that happening.I dont think the movie really affected the value of the 2005-2006 GT much.The Heritage jump in price over a non Heritage happened a long time before those movies were out.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I don't get the huge premium for paint. It is just paint.

Disclaimer, I wouldn't own a Heritage car if it was the exact same price as the others. I don't like the colors at all, and even if I did, it has been so over done with Porches, Paddock scooters, memorabilia etc. I would be worn out on it even if I liked it in the beginning. I could see others tiring of it just as much as the fans continuing to love it. Hard to predict the long term outlook.

I am glad others love it so much, just not for me. I definitely don't define the market so take my opinion for what it's worth.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
I recall seeing a bunch of the Heritage baby blue/orange rollers sitting at Wixom back in the day .

I thought then the smart money was on these for sure but never predicted the gap we've seen to date.

Who knows the future, I know it's just paint and stickers but the market always speaks and will continue to do so.

IMO, there will likely continue be a significant delta in price, especially for the collectable low mileage Heritage queens.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
An iconic American supercar with a factory applied, iconic race livery (arguably the most iconic race livery ever), means a continuing, substantial premium until we are all worm food. As the Brooklynite correctly pointed out above, the premiums existed way before the latest hype.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Its called trying to sell DYING MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTIONS......
The Heritage was around 15 grand for the package.....
The car in 2008 when everything crashed as my friend purchased were as low as 115,000 dollars!
They became HARD SALES at the end of 2006 as the world economy tanked.
They were labeled a HARD SALE from FORD , make a deal , get them off the floor plan.
Since then they have been 85 to 150,000 above a non Heritage. Were they all 500 plus 3 years ago, YES, have they come down, YES
But they still command a premium over a non Heritage.
A DB5 was 1. 2 million, Now around 800 restored, Jag ETYPE are tanking along with everything else.
The Heritage will always have a special place. JUST DRIVE THESE DAMN THINGS, The New Ford commercial claims as of yesterday that they will vow to not build a GASOLINE CAR BY 2035. Thats only 15 years.....
ENJOY THE RIDES GUYS.......
GTJOEY1314

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
That makes it unlikely there will be another generation GT after next year! Can’t imagine they would make an electric version!

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Oh I think that's the goal my friend......appealing to a new generation but not destroying the earth will be the pitch.
We will be shamed more than we are today.....Most remember I had a flip phone till the end.
It was worse than walking around with the plague. Apple knew what to do, they killed the phone, Ithink Im getting a settlement check next week :)
gtjoey1314

Reactions: Johntpr

jr66

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2017
scottsdale
If there is no fuel for my cars or gas powered cars in 15 years, it does not matter as I will be past my expiration date!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
1A51095B-A1F5-49AE-87AA-EA41C27CA96C.jpeg

Reactions: 2112 and GTMD

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
So is it a good movie? I imagine the acting and screenplay are awesome. :D

Hey, I love Gumball Rally!

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Sad thought, but not beyond belief. Look what happened to VHS video and 35mm film -- digital formats pretty much eliminated them from the market. Same could be said about the horse and horseless carriage, only a very small segment of society owns horses now.

Also remember my grandfather telling me in the '60s that they had pollution in his time and the gasoline engine solved their pollution problem. The pollution was horse manure in the cities. I'm sure these electric cars and hydrogen cars will produce their own form of pollution by trying to replace the gasoline engine.

Everyone has their own preferences and things that make them happy. I remember when I discussed buying my '06 that friends said the Heritage colors looked clownish. I thought the Heritage colors were too in-your-face and therefore didn't like it. I'm not saying they are bad colors, I'm just expressing that everyone has different preferences for different reasons. Buy the color you like at whatever price you're willing to pay for that particular color. I personally don't believe one color of paint is worth more than another, it's all the same paint after all and just a different color.

Last edited:

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I remember that movie (which somewhat betrays my age—Old enough to have seen it in a movie theater, but young enough not to have lost those brain cells yet!). Even though it was a forgettable movie... BTW, the poster was wrong—the fighter that Burgess Meredith flew was an F-86 Saber, not an F-4 Phantom.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Meh. I’m sure my great, great grand pappy bitched when they took away his whale oil and gave him kerosene. Enjoy your buggy whips while you can.