Lamborghini Miura video

Jim Corsa

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2013
This is a high quality video that my friend Evan made of my life long obsession with these cars. Enjoy!

jr66

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2017
scottsdale
Great car and a nice story

AJK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
This is a high quality video that my friend Evan made of my life long obsession with these cars. Enjoy!

What a nice tribute to the owner and his special car. Nicely done. Enjoy your passion in good health.

AJK

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Beautiful car and nice vid (y) Just about everything you said you feel about your Miura is what I feel about my 05 GT 🍻 .. well, except for the fires and the need for fire extinguishers! o_O Seeing your garage and that you do your own work, I'd say you totally qualify as a car-guy / gear-head 🤘

Cool to find you have the very car that's pictured on the Schaefer beer sign 🍻

Reactions: Jim Corsa

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
That was very nice to watch. Thanks for sharing it. It’s a great reminder of how many successful businesses are started out of necessity in desperate economic times.

Reactions: Jim Corsa

Jim Corsa

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2013
Beautiful car and nice vid (y) Just about everything you said you feel about your Miura is what I feel about my 05 GT 🍻 .. well, except for the fires and the need for fire extinguishers! o_O Seeing your garage and that you do your own work, I'd say you totally qualify as a car-guy / gear-head 🤘

Cool to find you have the very car that's pictured on the Schaefer beer sign 🍻
Thank you so much. I definitely get your love for the GT they are amazing cars!

Jim Corsa

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2013
What a nice tribute to the owner and his special car. Nicely done. Enjoy your passion in good health.

AJK
Thank you so much, good health and fortune to you!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Couple questions: What all was damaged in the fire, and did you have trouble finding replacements parts?

And, was it a difficult decision to change the car's color, since it wouldn't be original anymore?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Love your story. Truly the American dream.

I agree with you. The Miura is the most beautiful car ever created. It is the only car I find more attractive than the FGT. Also love the Boxer.

Edit; I noticed in some of your memorabilia that a JOTA car had clear lenses over the headlights. That might give you a oval appearance from the front without having to repaint. Just random thoughts, nothing more.

Last, did you separate the transaxle and engine oiling systems?

Last edited:

Jim Corsa

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2013
Love your story. Truly the American dream.

I agree with you. The Miura is the most beautiful car ever created. It is the only car I find more attractive than the FGT. Also love the Boxer.

Edit; I noticed in some of your memorabilia that a JOTA car had clear lenses over the headlights. That might give you a oval appearance from the front without having to repaint. Just random thoughts, nothing more.

Last, did you separate the transaxle and engine oiling systems?
Thank you for your kind words! Funny you mention the Jota, as I did create the plexiglass covers for my Miura, but ultimately my dad and I agreed that it would be difficult to stomach the drilling of the nose/hood. So I left it alone.

I did separate the oiling systems, which is good for the longevity of the car.

Jim Corsa

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2013
Couple questions: What all was damaged in the fire, and did you have trouble finding replacements parts?

And, was it a difficult decision to change the car's color, since it wouldn't be original anymore?
Just a couple of carb venturi and the air filters. I have never had trouble finding any parts for the car fortunately. They do share some components with other models and makes which helps.

I did struggle with the color choice, but ultimately I could not stomach the yellow. Like my GT I plan on keeping the car till I am six feet under, so I thought I would paint it a color that made me happy. I took a very American approach. I told myself that this car has lived it's entire life outside of the factory on US soil, and was customized already, and I love the fact that we Americans customize our cars, so I decided to keep this tradition going by changing its color. Also keep in mind that the car was worth only 1/10 of its current value when I made that decision.

Reactions: 2112 and extrap

Jim Corsa

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2013
Great car and a nice story
Thanks so much!

Jim Corsa

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2013
That was very nice to watch. Thanks for sharing it. It’s a great reminder of how many successful businesses are started out of necessity in desperate economic times.
Thanks for your kind words, I am glad you enjoyed it!