Autoblog NGT review

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Positive review from Autoblog on the NGT. Something to take your mind off the depressing headlines.

Durward1

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2011
South Dakota
This is a terrific review. I think my car feels like this, but I’m not past 600 miles yet

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
A very entertaining review. Drove my 2006 GT yesterday. Today will be 2017 FGT day.!!

I Need something to help forget for a few minutes the depressing news from America.

I am Not the 'Forum mileage leader,' but by "close of business today", I plan to have 8500 miles on the ODO.! The weather here in Detroit is another beautiful day.
Andy (ajb)

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
"A firecracker boom as I wound through Harriman State Park, so loud that I thought the engine had blown. Ears ringing, I hopped out and found the glass panel, separating the engine bulkhead from the cabin, cracked in multiple places. I restarted the car, and though it limped the remaining 48 miles home to Brooklyn, it had almost no boost, and emitted a moan like a tubercular cow. I suspected the GT was running on one turbo or less, and the hunch seemed right: Ford later said a boot connecting a throttle body to a turbo had come loose. Violently, in terms of that busted window, but no lasting harm done."

Not good news to hear this happening on a 2020 model year GT!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It's not a 2020 car. It's an old ragged out car repainted.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
What color is that?

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
tubercular cow? Sounded more like relaxing ocean waves just whooshing to me, as pressure would build up and then whoosh out between the coupling and throttle body. Sorry to hear this is still happening.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
What color is that?

It's a new orange that will not be offered on the GT.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
"A firecracker boom as I wound through Harriman State Park, so loud that I thought the engine had blown. Ears ringing, I hopped out and found the glass panel, separating the engine bulkhead from the cabin, cracked in multiple places. I restarted the car, and though it limped the remaining 48 miles home to Brooklyn, it had almost no boost, and emitted a moan like a tubercular cow. I suspected the GT was running on one turbo or less, and the hunch seemed right: Ford later said a boot connecting a throttle body to a turbo had come loose. Violently, in terms of that busted window, but no lasting harm done."

Not good news to hear this happening on a 2020 model year GT!
Details, details, Gary. Reminds me of the old “ but apart from that Mrs Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?”

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Flagstaff GT had the same experience on our mini Rally in Phoenix. An easy check and fix can prevent a potential issue.

medici78

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2006
El Paso, TX
It's not a 2020 car. It's an old ragged out car repainted.
Do tell...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Do tell...

That's the whole story. It's not actually a car built in 2020. It's one of the early 98X serial cars that was built in probably 2015 repainted with some new hardware.

medici78

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2006
El Paso, TX
That's the whole story. It's not actually a car built in 2020. It's one of the early 98X serial cars that was built in probably 2015 repainted with some new hardware.

I never would have guessed. Kind of impressive considering it's probably been through the some of the hardest miles of any GT.
So they did the intercooler,etc. updates/upgrades as well?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah, it's got the IC and Ti exhaust, so I'm sure they updated the rest of it. Either way, these cars are beat to death and typically in excessively poor condition.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I went and looked at it. Used to be Liquid Red with Silver stripes. Did have new hardware but it is very, very, uh, well worn. Lots and lots of track miles on it. Orange is ok.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I wonder if it's the same car from the Detroit Auto Show in 2017. Also Liquid Red with Silver stripes. If yes, it's also (I'm assuming) the same car I drove with Angus McKenzie at the press launch in Utah a few months later. And yes, we drove it...aggressively. Glad to see it's still in one piece.
IMG_1930.JPG

2017-Ford-GT-Liquid-Red-Silver-Stripes.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah, same car.

Reactions: ENZO BTR