INSPECTION

bzambranog

GT Owner
Sep 14, 2020
Hi, I want to buy a GT in Chetek, Wisconsin (90 minutes from Minneapolis, MN). Looking for referrals on getting an inspection done on the potential car.

thanks!!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Rich Brooks of the GT Guys is in Rockwood MI (southern edge of Detroit) about a 9.5-hr drive from Chetek, WI (630 mi).

I dunno if they do PPIs but Desneux Motorsports might also, and they're about an 8.5-hr drive / 550 mi from Chetek.

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
+1. Rich is the guy! He may already know the car, so at a minimum, worth the phone call.

Reactions: RPM217

bzambranog

GT Owner
Sep 14, 2020
Rich Brooks of the GT Guys is in Rockwood MI (southern edge of Detroit) about a 9.5-hr drive from Chetek, WI (630 mi).

I dunno if they do PPIs but Desneux Motorsports might also, and they're about an 8.5-hr drive / 550 mi from Chetek.

whats Rich’s contact? Or website?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
whats Rich’s contact? Or website?

I'll PM it to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: bzambranog

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
rich brooks +1000

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
On these cars you MUST get a PPI from a tech with experience in GTs. If you are not under a short deadline, take the time to do it right, and take it to The GT Guy or someone else with that experience.

Also, ask the owner for the maintenance records, examine them carefully, and see who he used for service.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
On these cars you MUST get a PPI from a tech with experience in GTs. If you are not under a short deadline, take the time to do it right, and take it to The GT Guy or someone else with that experience.

Also, ask the owner for the maintenance records, examine them carefully, and see who he used for service.

Who performed prior service is key...

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Are you looking to buy a new GT or 05/06?

bzambranog

GT Owner
Sep 14, 2020
Specifically a 05 or 06 heritage (gulf edition)

Are you looking to buy a new GT or 05/06?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Specifically a 05 or 06 heritage (gulf edition)

Heritage in that era was '06 only, just FYI. You may already know that, but I wasn't sure and decided to be 'helpful' 😬(y)

bzambranog

GT Owner
Sep 14, 2020
Yes ahhahaha I was referring to the “era”

Reactions: extrap