Ajai
Congrats. That is 100% badassery!

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Thanks for sharing the photos. AMAZING!!

Any feedback comparing the 18 to the MKII?

With the Michelin slicks the grip is incredible. Braking distances shortened. I have to get comfortable with braking later and pushing the lateral G’s in turns. I bet I’m at 7/10ths. Probably 60 more HP compared to road car. It definitely hooks up and wants to go as you feed the power from the apex on. Very planted and confidence building.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Just awesome Ajai ... now, please go ahead and start the adoption process. I´ll start packing ;) :cool:

Reactions: ByeEnzo and extrap

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Absolutely gorgeous Ajai! Congrats on one stellar car!!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I'd love to hear the story of how you say to Ford, 'Hey I already have one, but can I have another?!' No bad intentions, just interested in how it played out (y) You're one lucky guy! :cool:🏎

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
There are supposed to be 45 Mk II's built. It is a whole different application process. These are not street legal cars but true true track cars. They do not have a VIN

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I'd love to hear the story of how you say to Ford, 'Hey I already have one, but can I have another?!' No bad intentions, just interested in how it played out (y) You're one lucky guy! :cool:🏎

As Dr. Frank stated above, totally different process than applying to Ford for a street machine. Dialogue was directly with Multimatic Motorsports. A letter was written to Larry Holt and Sean Mason (the head of Multimatic Motorsport) expressing interest and qualifications (racing, track experience). I’m thankful to folks that put a word in for me...DBK, Jim Owens (Ford Performance) and surely many other people I’ve met over the last 15 years.
This is a pure track car. No VIN. 10th car built, but serial number 11. Bill of sale, with no warranty, unlike the street car. Service will be at trackside race shop. Not taking this to a Ford dealership 😂
At 60 hrs of track time, motor and gearbox will need a rebuild. It will go back to MM for this or any major work.
Cheapest thing about this car was buying it 😀

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
My goodness, that looks like fun!

Congrats and enjoy.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Well done Ajai. Happy for you! Lots of fun miles ahead for you sir! One for the track, two for the road.....

Reactions: ByeEnzo

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Super sick!!! Yep, love the all white..Enjoy!!..

wmjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks for sharing Ajai. Incredible!!

Spaceman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 1, 2012
Central Texas
Congratulations and thank you for the pictures & video! Really like the picture of Carol and your rendition.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
I don't own a new GT.
But I do know about cars, and own a Heffner TT 2015.
Question for the more informed, is how do those cars make 50+ more HP then street legal cars?
It appears that tuners have not tried to turn them up much.
Just asking, and curious.
Would think exhaust mods and more boost.
Thanks.
Best,
Mark

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Please amend, Heffner 2005 TT.
Prior to coffee.
Thanks,
Mark

Reactions: RPM217

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Ajai, Congrats!! Great pics and video. Your race suit looks way better on you than mine does on me. But then again I am in the heavy weight division. There's an idea. Instead of BOP lets have weight classes like they do in boxing!! I could you use the few seconds extra per lap!!.
I totally agree with you on driving the race car vs the street car, It a whole new way to drive. I have learned this driving my 488 Ferrari Challenge car. Wow, brake way later and in some case do not brake at all and only lift off the throttle, slightly, to bring the load to the front wheels. Very exciting, exhilarating and scary at the same time. You also need to be physiologically ready and trust the car to get the most out o it.
My MarkII is scheduled for later in the production. I haven't finalized colours yet.
Have done some test fitting for MM, very early on, regarding seats and testing of the steering in its plastic 3D version.
The car is simply amazing!! Would have been great to see this version actually race at leMans and see the times it would have done.
Best and Enjoy!!

FredinNY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 31, 2016
New York
Incredible!! Congrats Ajai - and thanks for sharing those amazing pictures!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Saw the Ford vs. Ferrari red #1 movie car last weekend and thought of your gorgeous collection!

Congrats AJ! Living the Life!

FvFcar-6327.jpg

Reactions: canibl and ByeEnzo

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I don't own a new GT.
But I do know about cars, and own a Heffner TT 2015.
Question for the more informed, is how do those cars make 50+ more HP then street legal cars?
It appears that tuners have not tried to turn them up much.
Just asking, and curious.
Would think exhaust mods and more boost.
Thanks.
Best,
Mark

agreed...most increase in HP from boost. Maybe some subtle intake changes and the water sprayers on the turbo intercoolers. Some nominal gain from exhaust.

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Cool as it gets.

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Wow! Congratulations! Keep the posts coming. I knew I was in the wrong specialty! I hate you! Lol. All the best.

Reactions: GTMD and ByeEnzo