Repair accident damage 2006 Ford GT

RLCarpenter

Oct 15, 2020
Looking to see who might have a resource for repairing damage to a 2006 Ford GT. The one I own was involved in a singular incident accident when out for repairs. I live in So Cal and would like to have it fixed locally so I can oversea repairs and progress. Any input would be apprecaited. Thank you!

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I would check with Kendall. Hopefully he will chime in.. Sorry to hear also.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The true master is the GT Guy in Detroit.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
The true master is the GT Guy in Detroit.

That's low. Taking nothing away from the GT Guys - and they are likely way ahead of us in the number of GT's that they've seen but we've passed over 140 unique VINs that we've worked on and have done the gamut of MECHANICAL repairs and upgrades including engine replacements, transaxle replacements, fuel pumps, clutches, twin turbo kits - where we worked with Jason on the popular Version 2, etc. By education, I am an engineer and have worked in Aerospace (Defense segment) for the last 40 years. I have been consulting a LOT with Bell, Sikorsky, Lockheed Martin Skunkworks on COMPLEX engineering challenges. Ryan has a degree in Mechanical Engineering and worked for Hyundai doing engine management calibration before being courted away by Honda Racing to work on their Indy Car engine program. While working for Hyundai, he went back to school and got an additional degree in Computer Science because cars are now as much or more electronic as they are mechanical. Ryan, now 29, has worked on GTs since he was 17 years old and has flown all over the Country to repair/modify GTs. No, neither one of us has worked on the assembly line of the GT - but I guarantee that we've had every part and component off and on a GT numerous times.

Also a difference from the GT Guys, our business is smaller insofar that both Ryan and I remain gainfully employed in our aforementioned engineering jobs. The GT work is an evening/weekend boutique business and we have to occasionally turn down work. We do nothing but GTs and I'd put our knowledge and expertise on par with anyone. Again, I mean no harm/no foul to the GT Guys for ALL that they have done for the community but it kind of frosts me when I hear people say or infer that they are the ONLY masters of the GT.

End of rant.

To the OP, we'd be happy to consult with you. We do not do body/paint work in-house but we can do all of the mechanical repairs so that the car can be taken to a body shop of your preference for the paint work. We have a GT in the shop right now with the front-end pretty much disassembled and where a new windshield goes on tomorrow followed by new parts where needed. Feel free to send me an email at kpond@sbcglobal.net

Last edited:

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Excellent resume. Very nice to know.

Reactions: Cadster

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
To be fair, both of these companies have exceptional credentials.
There will plenty of work to share going forward.
Thanks to you both.
Best,
Mark

Reactions: Apollo

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
End of rant.

To the OP, we'd be happy to consult with you. We do not do body/paint work in-house but we can do all of the mechanical repairs so that the car can be taken to a body shop of your preference for the paint work. We have a GT in the shop right now with the front-end pretty much disassembled and where a new windshield goes on tomorrow followed by new parts where needed. Feel free to send me an email at kpond@sbcglobal.net

Maybe an oversight on your part, but do you realize you have not indicated where you are located in your signature block nor under your nota4re picture. A person has to search for the information by going to another website. Where's the EASY BUTTON for a business? This info would have probably helped the OP. Who cares about the 3780 posts. Add "FGT Parts and Repairs" and your address. Also the font for your web address is too small so as a business does not stand out. Maybe add some info about what your business provides in your signature like other members do for all the Rallys they attend, etc. Give potential customers some information.

Last edited: