What would you be looking to buy next?

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Came home with a 2014 Porsche GT3 the last month. I Definitely understand why there loved. Have not had the chance to track it.
That's what I've been thinking about allot. A 3 pedal beast. I think I gotta have 3 pedals in my next car.

QSS

06VistaBlueGT

Aug 30, 2006
For newer cars, I like the Aston Martin Vantage and Jaguar F-Type as long as they are loaded with the performance goodies and engines.

Great choice for saying the F-Type. Funny you mentioned it, as my wife recently picked this up about 7 months ago in Missouri and had it shipped.
PXL_20200926_220052604.jpg
PXL_20200926_220347577.jpg
2018 Jaguar F-Type SVR. The SVR is Jaguar's"Ford Performance" version of the regular R top model. SVO (Jaguar's skunk works) basically remakes it. 575 hp (+25 vs the R) out of the 5.0 supercharged V8, but it's lots more. The fun part is the crazy exhaust. How it's legal is beyond me. It pops and crackles like crazy!

But overall driving, it's a blast. On the highway, in 8th gear (ZF box) it's only at 1,300 rpm. It's a beautiful & comfortable GT but it can also be a FAST sports car. It's a blast! And the colors are so cool (Ultra Blue with full red leather interior). The new F-Type (2021) just doesn't look anywhere as good as these. But a fun overall great car.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I thought Vipers were notorious for shitty interior finish. That looks very nice.

QSS

They do but they are awesome beasts. If you want to drive a car that you feel like will kill you every time you get behind the wheel, get a Gen3 or Gen4 Twin Turbo. Even stock they are a blast. I've had 4 Vipers. Still have a 92 and my TT 04. They are a few twin turbos out there for reasonable prices. Other option is to buy a stock gen3 or gen4 and send it to Nth motor for a build. Mine is an 04 TT, it makes 900whp completely driveable anywhere. Small turbos that spool up quickly. I also have a TT FGT, but the viper is in a whole different category when you step on the gas. I absolutely love the car and its a roadster also so Top down hearing those wastegates is heavenly.

Also, a 97 or 98 Diablo Roadster should be on your list. It's another car I love. It's big and heavy and going to drive nothing like a Porsche or small tossable car. It's such a different driving experience. It's for sure, one to consider.

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
Agree about the Viper. I just sold my 2010 Gen IV Viper and already miss it. It was 600hp stock and a blast to drive. The interior was not terrible (better than a vette during same time period IMO) but the newer Gen V's have better interiors. I liked the Gen IV because it only had ABS and no other electronic controls. It was a blast to drive and extremely reliable over the almost 4 years I owned it. It was an ACR and always turned heads at car shows...

Reactions: nautoncall

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
After buying the GT probably going to have to be a Pinto!

Reactions: 2112
Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
They do but they are awesome beasts. If you want to drive a car that you feel like will kill you every time you get behind the wheel, get a Gen3 or Gen4 Twin Turbo. Even stock they are a blast. I've had 4 Vipers. Still have a 92 and my TT 04. They are a few twin turbos out there for reasonable prices. Other option is to buy a stock gen3 or gen4 and send it to Nth motor for a build. Mine is an 04 TT, it makes 900whp completely driveable anywhere. Small turbos that spool up quickly. I also have a TT FGT, but the viper is in a whole different category when you step on the gas. I absolutely love the car and its a roadster also so Top down hearing those wastegates is heavenly.

Also, a 97 or 98 Diablo Roadster should be on your list. It's another car I love. It's big and heavy and going to drive nothing like a Porsche or small tossable car. It's such a different driving experience. It's for sure, one to consider.
Where do you recommend that I can learn more about Vipers? What's the go to Viper forum?

QSS

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Earlier this year when I found what I thought was the go-to Viper forum, driveviper.com, I registered but the site never approved me, and after contacting all of the site's various leaders / moderators I could find on the contacts page, none of which could help me, I gave up and bought a GT!

Kidding, but I still don't know why it wouldn't approve my registration, and apparently the people behind the site don't care. I had questions! And that's what I told them. Maybe the cessation of the Viper in '17 has caused them to give up on the site, but I kinda doubt it. Maybe it was because I don't actually own a Viper, but the responses I did get from them didn't say that.

Anyway there are other Viper sites, and you can probably get good info from them, but I'm not sure any are quite the definitive site driveviper.com seems to be.

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I bleed Ford Blue and the Ford GT is my "holy grail" of cars but I'd like to look at other alternatives as I grow older.

I've got a good base of information on Ferrari's from Ferrari.chat and a good base from Lambroghini-talk but I don't know good chat sites for Porsche, Acura, Viper or Spyker. I could use a some direction in order to get educated on alternative "holy grail" cars.

Having said that, I do still want to buy a Ford race car. A FP350s, a FR500C, FR500s or a Boss 302S or a 302R. Yeah....one of those would be pretty sweet too.

QSS

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
I don't know good chat sites for Porsche, Acura, Viper or Spyker. I could use a some direction in order to get educated on alternative "holy grail" cars.

Here are two:

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Here are two:

And here are two more for Porsche:

Cadster

GT Owner
May 21, 2017
Earlier this year when I found what I thought was the go-to Viper forum, driveviper.com, I registered but the site never approved me, and after contacting all of the site's various leaders / moderators I could find on the contacts page, none of which could help me, I gave up and bought a GT!

Kidding, but I still don't know why it wouldn't approve my registration, and apparently the people behind the site don't care. I had questions! And that's what I told them. Maybe the cessation of the Viper in '17 has caused them to give up on the site, but I kinda doubt it. Maybe it was because I don't actually own a Viper, but the responses I did get from them didn't say that.

Anyway there are other Viper sites, and you can probably get good info from them, but I'm not sure any are quite the definitive site driveviper.com seems to be.

That’s odd. I was able to register in January. Decent forum. Maybe keep trying? By the way, the Viper ACR is a great car. I certainly love mine.

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
I still prowl the viper forum even though I no longer own one. Suggest you try again - there are many who post who do not yet own vipers and have questions. Good luck!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I tried to register using two different emails and got the same result both times, including the lack of admin help. I don't have a Viper and prob won't get one any time soon, so there's no good reason for me to spend time continuing to try, for now anyway.

Last edited:

jr66

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2017
scottsdale
I sold my Viper after I bought my GT. It was fun to drive but the quality was poor. AC failed, passenger window loose at less than 3000 miles.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Most modern sports cars are excellent and can do everything pretty well. Depends on what's important.

If you have excellent driving roads in your area, I would look at a 991+ GT3/RS/Touring. PDK in a GT3 RS remains undefeated for pure performance, or if you feel the need for a manual you could drop to a regular GT3 or a Touring. Very useable cars with telepathic steering, timeless aesthetics, and a holy grail powertrain that won't be around much longer. Maintenance isn't super hateful either. 991.1 cars are very reasonable right now and you can get 991.2s at good prices as well.

Reactions: jaxgt

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Where do you recommend that I can learn more about Vipers? What's the go to Viper forum?

QSS

www.viperalley.com

www.driveviper.com

www.viperclub.org

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Found a 2005 (that's the final year) with only 15k miles- this thing is mint! As an example, the owner actually put a leather steering wheel cover OVER the leather steering wheel to protect it! (I removed that lol.)

Just ordered a set of Bilsteins, and new AS4 Michelins- that's the oem tire for the C8, so for an all-season, should be pretty good....
in trailer 2.jpgengine.jpginterior.jpg

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
@06VistaBlueGT I missed your earlier post. Love the SVR.

Please post interior pics too, I am a sucker for red interiors.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Found a 2005 (that's the final year) with only 15k miles- this thing is mint! As an example, the owner actually put a leather steering wheel cover OVER the leather steering wheel to protect it! (I removed that lol.)

Just ordered a set of Bilsteins, and new AS4 Michelins- that's the oem tire for the C8, so for an all-season, should be pretty good....
View attachment 61857View attachment 61858View attachment 61859
I daily drove my 02 NSX for the first 3 + years, and then ended up buying it off my lease. I now have about 86,000 miles on it. Great purchase! I'm on stock springs, with Bilsteins on the lower perch, it looks just right!! With all season tires, you'll be fine in the cold weather and rain, on the ice and snow, not so good! Enjoy your two new purchases, I know you will!!

Reactions: centerpunch

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
I daily drove my 02 NSX for the first 3 + years, and then ended up buying it off my lease. I now have about 86,000 miles on it. Great purchase! I'm on stock springs, with Bilsteins on the lower perch, it looks just right!! With all season tires, you'll be fine in the cold weather and rain, on the ice and snow, not so good! Enjoy your two new purchases, I know you will!!

The previous owner put the Zanardi springs on the car, which lower the car about 1/2". As such, I'll probably put the Bilsteins on the top perch. It's got an aftermarket exhaust on it, not sure if I'll keep that on or not, we'll see what my ears say after the first trip. The car did come with the removed oem exhaust, so I can always put that on.

Yeah, not planning on snow and ice, but spending time in OH and NC there are lots of nice days where all-season tires are the only safe bet.