Windshield Breakage

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
20 hours plus to do the screen! Wow I need to slow down. Front wheels off, inner fender liners off, front fenders and hood off, wipers, scuttle panel, interior wing covers off and A pillars out too. All done within 1.5 - 2 hours tops. But then again I do work with them daily so I know every nut and bolt.
Showoff lol;)

Adam_webberley(MSVO)

Head European Ford GT Technician (MSVO)
Oct 2, 2018
Uk
Showoff lol;)
Hahaha I am Multimatics European service technician so look after the EU cars here. So im always working with them. Been on them for 3 years now. Absolute honour to be apart of the GT world. 😁

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
It's polycarbonate on the Carbon Series. I bought a spare one. Its "cheap" now. If they follow past trends it will become expensive.
I got an extra one too!
For 1,300 bucks it seemed like a deal!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I guess the lessons here are don’t lean on the windscreen
Stay a safe distance from the car in front of you

Reactions: LOVE CHP

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
And it grows. $6900 with $0 deductible glass replacement. Insurance company is still ahead.

Attachments

• 20201008_061451.jpg
    20201008_061451.jpg
    953.6 KB · Views: 0

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Ouch! Looks like a rock hit it.?! Is there a protective covering on the glass?

LanceGT

Jul 23, 2019
20 hours plus to do the screen! Wow I need to slow down. Front wheels off, inner fender liners off, front fenders and hood off, wipers, scuttle panel, interior wing covers off and A pillars out too. All done within 1.5 - 2 hours tops. But then again I do work with them daily so I know every nut and bolt.
Hi Adam I,m in Irvine CA. I have a crack windshield in my 2019 Ford GT. Do you live by any chance in CA?

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
Hi Adam I,m in Irvine CA. I have a crack windshield in my 2019 Ford GT. Do you live by any chance in CA?

Hi Lance - Adam is over in the UK (not far from us) so unfortunately he is far from local to you I'm afraid.

(just answering in case Adam didn't see the post)

Reactions: Ed Sims