What would you be looking to buy next?

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I owned a NSX from 1991-97. Great car! Just changed oil! It’s a Honda. Totally reliable! Remember, has a timing belt needs to be changed every 6-7 yrs. But not an engine out repair!

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
For whatever reason an MB CLK DTM is high on my list. Of course extremely difficult to find, hence the price tag.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
We think alike.
QSS
well just like specracer when you made your post I had just purchased another fox body so I would not be the best person to ask what other cars to consider...

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Huracan Performante would be my vote.Great car right out of the box.Sounds great, very reliable and problem free, easy to maintain and build quality is excellent.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Loved my Huracan. Not sure there is a better sounding car with the Fabspeed exhaust.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I would get a black 1983-84 VW Rabbit GTI with blue interior. It was my first "cool" car (at least to me). I thrashed that car for >300,000 miles in my youth. Many (4-5?) sets of front CV joints, 2 or 3 exhaust systems. Still miss that car.

After my '70 Pontiac GTO that may or may not have been involved with the temporary short term misplacement of a license...

Had an '84 VW GTi with blue interior, but white exterior. After my '06 Ford GT, the longest I have owned a car. Owned it through High School, College, and part of law school. Yes, lots of parts, but easy to work on.

Reactions: dreimer
Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I gotta be honest boys, I don't think a mid 80's VW Rabbit is gonna make the short list for my next car :giggle:.

QSS

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Viper 🐍 is the only other one on my mind (if somebody already suggested that, sorry). This is the one I wanted but it was already Sale Pending when I found it https://www.bjmotors.biz/2014-dodge-viper-gts-c-13616.htm

Used-2014-Dodge-Viper-GTS.jpg

Reactions: Stef and Cadster

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
I gotta be honest boys, I don't think a mid 80's VW Rabbit is gonna make the short list for my next car :giggle:.

QSS
It was a high performance beast - a whopping 91 HP! :) Another factor is that it is probably the only other vehicle I could add that would get easy spousal approval. The car I had when we started dating. She was surprised when I showed up to our first date in a little GTI with the hatch filled with 10 soccer balls. She figured me more as an SUV guy.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Another factor is that it is probably the only other vehicle I could add that would get easy spousal approval. The car I had when we started dating.

Same! Had my GTi when I met my wife in law school. For our first date, I actually borrowed my dad's red 1987 535is. The first thing she asked after she got in was, "Do you have a lot of problems with this car?" Apparently she had a relative that was complaining about German built cars, well, specifically BMWs. LOL.

So, she apparently wasn't impressed by cars. We still got married and have been for over two decades. Best decision I ever made (Right up there with the Ford GT!).

Reactions: dreimer

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Wow, that is one clean Viper. I can see why it sold immediately. To me, the Viper in the rear view on a track is a menacing sight to see.

Reactions: extrap

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Wow, that is one clean Viper. I can see why it sold immediately. To me, the Viper in the rear view on a track is a menacing sight to see.

Had it not been already sale pending, I would own it today and would very likely not own my awesome '05 GT :confused:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Had it not been already sale pending, I would own it today and would very likely not own my awesome '05 GT :confused:

Things have a way of working out for the best in the long run. I don't mean that as a dig. But sometimes things work out the way they are meant to in the world of cars. ;)

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
How about a Superformance GT40 replica?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
One of my favorites, too. I had that exact same car, bought it new, then I put on a Callaway turbo kit. What a fun sleeper.

Wish I had bid on the nice silver NSX that sold on BaT a couple months ago. So I guess I'm kinda looking for that car's twin.

View attachment 61156
I had the same exact car! Loved it! That car made me really good at left foot braking to induce oversteer!

Reactions: centerpunch
Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Viper 🐍 is the only other one on my mind (if somebody already suggested that, sorry). This is the one I wanted but it was already Sale Pending when I found it https://www.bjmotors.biz/2014-dodge-viper-gts-c-13616.htm

I thought Vipers were notorious for shitty interior finish. That looks very nice.

QSS

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I thought Vipers were notorious for shitty interior finish. That looks very nice.

QSS

I've never even been in one but I've read that the early ones were pretty junky but they got better over the years to where the last few years were decent, maybe still not great though.

1931imperial

GT Owner
May 15, 2006
I would get a black 1983-84 VW Rabbit GTI with blue interior. It was my first "cool" car (at least to me). I thrashed that car for >300,000 miles in my youth. Many (4-5?) sets of front CV joints, 2 or 3 exhaust systems. Still miss that car.

1931imperial

GT Owner
May 15, 2006
In my collection I have at least 15 high performance Fords including 05 & 19 GT & for the $ you have to look at Corvette. I’ve driven my C6 ZR1’s 120,000 miles.

Reactions: digman1

samson

GT Owner
Nov 3, 2014
Harrogate TN
Came home with a 2014 Porsche GT3 the last month. I Definitely understand why they're loved. Have not had the chance to track it.