Which blue to pick?

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Lightning blue is fairly light might not be dark enough for you20170709_184936.jpg20161220_091749.jpg

Last edited:

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
It was very difficult for me to go with Liquid Blue from the standpoint that it’s one of, if not THE, most popular color on the new GT. I never like having a ”common” color, and with the ECP option on the new GT there’s no reason to have a common color.

HOWEVER — every time I went through the online GT configurator and switched from any other color to Liquid Blue I simply loved how it looked more than any other shade.

Now that I’ve had it for over a year I have no regrets. The best part of Liquid Blue is how many shades it offers, depending on the lighting conditions. It ranges from a highly-reflective, electric-like blue to a more muted, almost Wedgewood blue, depending on bright sunlight, overcast skies or indoor lighting. I also like the fact that Ford isn’t offering the color on any other vehicles. I think the designers feel Liquid Blue really compliments the GT’s lines and overall design, and they want to reserve it for the that model.

That said, there are a lot of great blues out there, and I’m fine if nobody else get Liquid Blue, simply to keep the total numbers from being even higher for that color. :D .

Has anyone done Tru Blue? I always liked that on the 2001 Bullitt Mustang.

View attachment 59188

I'm with ENZO BTR on this.
You can't go wrong with the
Liquid Blue. I too struggled with the idea of maybe it would be to common, but after I took delivery, I was glad I went with it.
Everywhere I have taken the GT out people remark what a fantastic Blue, and how complements the design and Heritage of the GT40. And it's a Ford color.
But I agree with others, almost any Blue will look great.20190709_194446.jpg

Reactions: ENZO BTR

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
H098....Love my Liquid Blue, white stripes, red calipers, shiny wheels...
-7400 fun miles on ODO,
-several long road trips
-many interesting events
-3 YEARS old this Friday.!
Ajb (andy)