Ready to Buy a GT - higher mileage – 05-06

Fast CPA

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2020
South Jersey
So grateful you guys let me be a part of this group.

The Ford GT has been on the list since the first one I saw in person back in 2006.

Been a Buick guy all my life
I have been very fortunate to have own some really cool cars over the past 30 years.

Its go time.
Got the Green light from the wife and the I have space in the garage.

My intent is to drive this car so something with miles is what I would prefer.
Was thinking Tungsten or Silver.
Looking forward enjoying the car and being a great caretaker.

I know dinosgt & NMFGT are looking too..
Maybe we can all help each other make this Dream happen.

Thanks in advance everyone for the support and dumb ass questions I might ask.

Reactions: extrap

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Welcome from another Buick/Ford fan.

Your Buick collection is somewhat like a mirror image of the cars we had.

70 GS 455 4 spd non-air convertible.
70 GSX Stage 1 4 spd non-air 10-10 code
65 Riviera GS 2x4 - Silver

While I miss the Buicks, the GT is definitely my favorite to drive!

Fast CPA

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2020
South Jersey
Welcome from another Buick/Ford fan.

Your Buick collection is somewhat like a mirror image of the cars we had.

70 GS 455 4 spd non-air convertible.
70 GSX Stage 1 4 spd non-air 10-10 code
65 Riviera GS 2x4 - Silver

While I miss the Buicks, the GT is definitely my favorite to drive!

Thanks for the welcome
You had some cool stuff....
any time your in jersey you welcome to stop by
Burgers - beer and cool shit to drive.....

I'm ready to step up for that "a favorite drive"
Its time to bring a GT home

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
So grateful you guys let me be a part of this group.

The Ford GT has been on the list since the first one I saw in person back in 2006.

Been a Buick guy all my life
I have been very fortunate to have own some really cool cars over the past 30 years.

Its go time.
Got the Green light from the wife and the I have space in the garage.

My intent is to drive this car so something with miles is what I would prefer.
Was thinking Tungsten or Silver.
Looking forward enjoying the car and being a great caretaker.

I know dinosgt & NMFGT are looking too..
Maybe we can all help each other make this Dream happen.

Thanks in advance everyone for the support and dumb ass questions I might ask.

I'm a Buick man as well. First car was a 1966 Skylark Gran Sport 401 Nailhead. Great in first but when the powerglide shifted to second around 65 it just went blah. Later owned a 71 Stage One Convertible for a short time.

Good luck on your search. My blue/ white GT is still on the market in the Forum ads.

Fast CPA

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2020
South Jersey
I'm a Buick man as well. First car was a 1966 Skylark Gran Sport 401 Nailhead. Great in first but when the powerglide shifted to second around 65 it just went blah. Later owned a 71 Stage One Convertible for a short time.

Good luck on your search. My blue/ white GT is still on the market in the Forum ads.

nice to met a fellow Buick guy
I feel you - The 63 Riviera has a Dynoflow transmissiom - which is worse than the powerglide.

I had a chance to look at you car on the Lambo site.
Midnight blue is my second choice.

Reactions: digman1

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Three people interested in Tungsten? Brutal!!
Good luck to all.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Welcome! You just missed this 1,100-mile silver on Bring a Trailer today, sold for $342K ... not a very nice welcome(!), I guess ... but it is what it is. But prob fewer miles than you're looking for as a driver. Good luck with your search 🍻

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Strong money

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Welcome! You just missed this 1,100-mile silver on Bring a Trailer today, sold for $342K ... not a very nice welcome(!), I guess ... but it is what it is. But prob fewer miles than you're looking for as a driver. Good luck with your search 🍻
I watched that one and thought it would hammer around 305k......demand for low mileage ones appears to be up.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I watched that one and thought it would hammer around 305k......demand for low mileage ones appears to be up.

I posted that I thought $310k-$315K. Prices seem to be increasing, kinda crazy, but maybe he just had the right couple of bidders who desperately wanted it.

Fast CPA

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2020
South Jersey
I was watching and it seemed crazy for me & I just got here......

Just reading this thread - Rich Brooks with a long ass list of to do items

HIDDEN DANGERS OF BUYING LOW MILE CAR?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I just went thru all of those possible items with a 207-mile '05 that Rich took care of for me, and while I won't state exactly what all he ended up needing to do or the cost since that's between you and him, I would not let that scare me off, as it relates to a ~$300K GT. That said, mine was kept under cover in climate-control, so I may have gotten lucky, who knows ... well, Rich does!

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
my Dad was a Buick man all of his life and I still have his 64 Riviera we bought new when I was 12 years old. Sits right next to my GT in the upper garage

Fast CPA

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2020
South Jersey
I just went thru all of those possible items with a 207-mile '05 that Rich took care of for me, and while I won't state exactly what all he ended up needing to do or the cost since that's between you and him, I would not let that scare me off, as it relates to a ~$300K GT. That said, mine was kept under cover in climate-control, so I may have gotten lucky, who knows ... well, Rich does!

I appreciate the intel
That makes me feel better if I cant find a high mileage car.
Its so hard to find good people to work on your cars.

Fast CPA

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2020
South Jersey
my Dad was a Buick man all of his life and I still have his 64 Riviera we bought new when I was 12 years old. Sits right next to my GT in the upper garage

Thats cool.
Post a pic of the two cars if you get a chance.

NMFGT

Aug 14, 2020
Santa Fe, NM
Welcome, Fast CPA, to the forum. I agree that Tungsten and Silver are cool and welcome to the search with Dino and I. I was hoping the one on BaT would not bring that much money and I imagine all the dealers that currently are selling their cars adding tonight another 10-20,000 to the price. I keep my eye on eBay and elite autos and Desneux motorsports and Bj motors and American Supercars and autotrader and cars.com and doing some networking. There are a bunch of low mileage cars out there a right now at the dealers which is interesting. Best of luck with your search.
Graydon

Fast CPA

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2020
South Jersey
Welcome, Fast CPA, to the forum. I agree that Tungsten and Silver are cool and welcome to the search with Dino and I. I was hoping the one on BaT would not bring that much money and I imagine all the dealers that currently are selling their cars adding tonight another 10-20,000 to the price. I keep my eye on eBay and elite autos and Desneux motorsports and Bj motors and American Supercars and autotrader and cars.com and doing some networking. There are a bunch of low mileage cars out there a right now at the dealers which is interesting. Best of luck with your search.
Graydon

Grayson

Nice to meet you.
I'm not a fan of auctions. But that auction has certainly made our GT search interesting.
Glad we are on this journey together.
This will be fun....

MichaelR

GT Owner
Aug 8, 2018
Welcome

There is one up in Canada 2006 with no stripes, upgraded wheels, stereo with over 13,000miles asking 350,000CAN$ if your looking for one with some miles

MichaelR

GT Owner
Aug 8, 2018
Everyone seems to be looking for this colour there are 3 for sale in Canada:)
The one mentioned above, a Canadian car if your interested with about 6000miles all 4 options.
And of course one with 19 miles.....

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
If you're going to spend 300k on a 15 yo car. you can afford to fix the issues.
As almost everyone on this site would agree, it's about the passion.
Best of luck with your search!
Mark
BTW, love Buicks too!

Reactions: roketman