Shelby CSX4000 for sale

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
MY COBRA HAS BEEN SOLD.

As I suspected, another Ford GT Forum friend of many years has contacted me and decided to purchase the Cobra. It is going to a great new home. I am confident many happy years are in store! (I like to keep all sales discrete, so if the new owner decides to chime in, I am leaving that up to him (or her)!

I decided to sell one of my Shelby CSX4000 cars. It was built to be as original as possible with NOS 1965 block 427FE. Runs great! See my detailed description with links to dozens of photos and video link on our website: https://www.goodwood-sterling.com/carsforsale. Send me a PM with any questions or respond through the link on our website. Special pricing offered only to Ford GT Forum members.

Driver high side thumbnail.jpg

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Did you post it on www.cobracountry.com? Best place to sell a Cobra.

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Did you post it on www.cobracountry.com? Best place to sell a Cobra.

No, I did not, it is not posted anywhere, as I am simply "soft-selling", not actively marketing. I am using my personal contacts first. I know Cobra Country, I'm not particularly fond of the site, (kind of an ugly, old-tech architecture). Most of the Cobras listed are replicas selling for half of what a CSX car would sell for, but good to find a nice kit Cobra if you are seeking the right deal. If I get to the point where I decide to market the car more seriously, I may reach out to them to place an ad.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
CSX cars sell there but there just aren't that there because there aren't that many on the market. I sold my CSX there... I follow it still and when CSX cars do appear they move quickly. Of course we don't know what they sell for.

I thought about another Cobra because I can see out of it but those days are over.

Good luck.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Beautiful car!!

I have CSX 4025 - all aluminum

Reactions: canibl

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Good looking CSX Cobra and good luck with the sale Tim.

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
The Ford GT community has been the best group for this car. Lots of positive comments and notes sent to me through the forum message board.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Beautiful Cobra. With the extra money and effort spent to utilize an NOS 427 side-oiler, I'm surprised you didn't use an aluminum body for your build. Then your Cobra would REALLY be perfect! GLWS.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
And if you are buying a car from Tim, you know you can trust every single word he says. Buying a used car is as much about your confidence in the seller as it is the car and in this scenario, it looks like a 10 and a 10 on the trust factor.

Reactions: JWZ and Simon

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Beautiful car.
GLWS!
Best,
Mark

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
MY COBRA HAS BEEN SOLD.

As I suspected, another Ford GT Forum friend of many years has contacted me and decided to purchase the Cobra. It is going to a great new home. I am confident many happy years are in store! (I like to keep all sales discrete, so if the new owner decides to chime in, I am leaving that up to him (or her)! Thanks for all of the comments. It's nice to not be forced into placing an ad and screening every lame tire kicker out there. The FGT Community is one of the finest networks I have ever been a part of, thanks to all of your support.

Reactions: pe2unia and dreimer

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Somebody got themselves an excellent car!!! You know the Ford GT rules about cold tires, etc. Same things apply to the Cobra. The car has a short wheel base, lots of HP and torque and the tires make it difficult to get all the power to the ground so the rear wheels will break free much easier than on the GT. Remember that and you'll like the Cobra more than the GT (I did).

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Happy Birthday to me!!:cool:
As they would say.... "the checks in the mail".

I am really looking forward to the new addition as I've always wanted to experience ownership of a Cobra so when I read the post the excitement started brewing. Knowing Tim over the years really made this decision very easy for me.

BTW I swore not to buy any more black cars :rolleyes:

THANK YOU Tim!!!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
BTW I swore not to buy any more black cars :rolleyes:

After a black Mercedes, two black Mustangs and a British Racing Green Cobra (it had just as well been black) I was under explicit orders that a black GT was excluded.

Reactions: pe2unia

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
No worries.
It's a small car!
Congratulations.
You're gonna love it.
Best,
Mark

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Congrats John!!!!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Wow, Happy Birthday indeed John! (y)

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Make sure he cleans it out.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Great to see it stay in the forum. Congrats Tim and John.

Reactions: Stef and pe2unia

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Happy belated birthday John.
That's a great Cobra! Let us know your driving impressions.