New pickup trucks

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
As much as it pains me to say this, the RAMs have the most attractive front end.

Reactions: extrap

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL

Last edited:

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
As much as it pains me to say this, the RAMs have the most attractive front end.

I sold my F150 3.5L twin turbo ecoboost in 2014 and after cross-shopping all of the trucks, I purchased a Ram 1500 ecodiesel. At the time, I thought the Ram had the ugliest styling of the big 3... but I wanted that 3L ecodiesel. The ugly duckling but it sure was the best truck I ever owned. Full factory air suspension - that truck rode as good or better than any luxury car. I had multiple trips between SoCal and Vegas area and I would average 28mpg when not towing. It would consistently get over 30mpg if you kept speeds below 65 (but who wants to do that?) The interiors of the Ram trucks - then and now, are hands-down the best in the business. With the new generation of Rams they have fixed the ugly duckling appearance and I agree that it is currently the best-looking. I put 60,000 absolutely trouble-free miles on mine in the 3 years I owned it - although there were some worrisome engine issues that others reported... but they're on Gen3 of that motor now and I think it is solid. I've said this many times. I bought that truck for the engine (and fuel mileage) but I LOVED that truck for the engine, transmission, and air suspension. I still believe that the Ram ecodiesel is the best 1/2 ton out there.

Before the die hard blue oval guys get their panties in a twist, I traded in the Ram and purchased an F350 Platinum diesel. We were simply towing a large percentage of the time and were eyeing larger trailers, etc. I REALLY like the F350 and it is a BEAST of a towing machine.... the consequence is that it is one thirsty SOB! The Ram handled <8,000lb towing chores just fine and easily doubles as a great everyday driver and weekend work truck/hauler. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. Right now we are *trying* to build a home and the F350 is towing everything from our race car trailers to large dump trailers and occasionally a tractor! It's the right tool for the job for another year or more at the minimum.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

Other than increasing the wheelbase a tad on any given pickup truck (or shortening its cargo bed) so that an "anteater-style nose" can be installed, I'll be darned if I can see how any pickup truck can have anything BUT a more-or-less 'flat' nose. The left and right CORNERS of the front fascia can be rounded to some degree (my Ram's front end is designed that way)...but, the radiator can only be tilted back a couple of inches-or-so at the top before it says 'hello' to the engine block (or whatever is piled on top of the block these days)...and even then you'd be looking at employing electric fans on the rad rather than using the standard belt-driven unit on the engine block.

Of course, installing a locomotive-style 'cow catcher' (of sorts) in place of a standard 'flat' front bumper in addition to the anteater nose might achieve the desired "pedestrian safety" goals a bit more effectively. The whole design would probably look like crap, but, hey... 😖

'Too far above my pay grade...