For you guys doing your own oil change at 600 miles/1000 km

Rstomp

GT Owner
Nov 30, 2019
Naples, FL
Here is a listing for the Motorcraft WSS-M2C931-C spec oil, available from k-mansparts.com

The description indicates this is the motor oil for the GT 350, which as I read is the same spec for the Ford GT. $109.99 for 10 quarts. This includes a filter for the GT 350. I have not been able to find the oil by itself with no filter. I will call this company in the morning to see if they will sell the oil without the filter kit.

Select Plug

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
This is the "normal" motorcraft oil used in many Ford performance cars, including the 05-06 GT. This oil is available everywhere (I buy it at the dealer with a discount). This is according to the NGT owners manual is an acceptable alternative oil to the Castrol "Supercar" oil, that is over $25 a quart (sold by the gallon).

Here is a listing for the Motorcraft WSS-M2C931-C spec oil, available from k-mansparts.com

The description indicates this is the motor oil for the GT 350, which as I read is the same spec for the Ford GT. $109.99 for 10 quarts. This includes a filter for the GT 350. I have not been able to find the oil by itself with no filter. I will call this company in the morning to see if they will sell the oil without the filter kit.

Select Plug

Rstomp

GT Owner
Nov 30, 2019
Naples, FL
just talked to my GT servicing dealer to schedule 600 mile oil change. They advise that first oil change is at 5000 miles, unless tracking the car. They do not know where the 600 mile discussion is coming from.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
just talked to my GT servicing dealer to schedule 600 mile oil change. They advise that first oil change is at 5000 miles, unless tracking the car. They do not know where the 600 mile discussion is coming from.

Directly from engineers that developed the car originally.

Reactions: Special K

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Interesting, I was told first change at 2500 miles when my car was delivered if it wasn’t tracked... I’ll go with the 5k change. Thanks!

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
I just had my second oil change done at my servicing dealer. Less than $500 by $0.98.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Compared to the 05 this look easier.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Pretty straightforward and a canister oil filter makes it pretty simple once the panels are off.

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Going to change my oil in both GTs next week at my workshop. Now I just need to remember where I put the hockey pucks!

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Going to change my oil in both GTs next week at my workshop. Now I just need to remember where I put the hockey pucks!
Look next to your Zamboni...

Reactions: Iconic GT and Magic

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Well I’m going to lead the list of highest priced first service. My 600 mile oil change was just $1400. It’s at the dealer as I write this. They told me it’s 3 hours @$199/hr plus all the other crazy expenses. It’s the same price as my McLaren. I’m sad to see most other dealers only charging one hour of service and mine charging 3 hours. I even drove mine to my local dealer. Maybe he was thinking of including the transportation each way in my cost. Hope they adjust it. Not optimistic.

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Finished my oil change a couple of weeks ago and learned a few things that I thought I'd pass along.

• 06' lifting pucks vrs NHL hockey pucks - They aren't the same size! The lifting pucks I previously bought from a forum vendor and use on my 06' FGT are 90mm (3.5") wide. These are too wide to use lifting my 19' NFGT. You need to use a regular hockey puck which is 76mm (3") wide, otherwise you could damage the CF under panel.

• Under panel screw placement - see previous post.

• 2019 Ford Service Information on CD - Don't believe somethings as posted in the service CD! I had previously purchased the official 2109 Ford GT Service Information CD (December 2018 ver. 1) from Helm online website and which has been posted on in previous forum postings. I looked up the section on doing a "normal" oil change and followed the directions for changing the oil along with the recommended oil refill capacities and plug/bolt torque values. I decided to use the recommended Ford 5W-50 motorcraft oil and the recommended Ford oil filter. I purchased 14 quarts (13.25L) of oil and filter from my local Ford dealer. When it came time to add back in the oil I put in 13 quarts and started the car to let it warm back up before checking the oil level. Once up to 190 deg temp I turned it off, waited 2-3 min, unscrewed the dipstick and found the oil level to be at an overfull level. As it is hard to see fresh oil on the dipstick I did it several times to make sure I was seeing the correct level. I had planned on topping it off with my remaining quart, but decided to let the car sit overnight. I got on the forum and did a search for "oil change" and was surprised to find a wide variance in what was quoted as the oil refill amount for a "standard" oil and filter change. Anywhere from 13.7 quarts (13L) to 11.6 quarts (11L) has been quoted by different people/sources as the correct refill amount.
I contacted Helm to ask about their CD and information provide as I was confused by how much oil should I use in a "standard" oil change. Helm replied they would have someone in technical respond to me. I was assuming they were thinking I couldn't get the CD to work. Surprisingly I got a call from Andy who is in Technical Services at Ford. Great now I had someone who could give me a straight answer. He looked up the information on the 2019 service CD and said the 13.7 quarts (13L) refill amount shown is for a complete oil system drain which includes draining the oil cooler and oil pipes. He told me that the current Ford online service manual states that for a standard oil and filter change that 12 quarts (11.36L) was the expected oil refill amount. This includes what oil you placed in the filter per the re-install procedure. He verified that if during a "standard" oil and filter change that if you put 13.7 quarts (13L) back in you overfilling the oil system since you still have oil in the oil cooler and the oil pipes. He told me do not exceed the specified oil system capacity of 13.7 quarts (13L)! He verified the oil level is to be checked by fully screwing in and then unscrewing the oil dipstick cap.​

• I went through with Andy, while on the phone with him, the "standard" oil change procedure on the service CD (procedure revision date: 10/19/2018) comparing his online service manual which I assume has a procedure revision dated sometime in 2020. While comparing we noticed that the 2019 CD states that when re-installing the under panel screws they should be torqued to 97 lb.in (11Nm). His online manual states that they should be torqued to 60 lb.in (6.8 Nm) and he agreed I should use the smaller number. Other plug/bolt torque values matched between both data sets.
After all of this my car has 12 quarts of new oil and the oil level is showing at the top of the dipstick mark. I need to get my car back on the lift and re-torque my under panel screws to 60 lb.in (6.8 Nm) and not the 97 lb.in (11 Nm) i previously thought was right. I'm now happy that I've got the right amount of oil in the car.

In reading through the previous forum postings, 2019 owners manual, and Ford 2019 service information CD on NFGT oil change it seems that many whether they are doing their own oil changes or having the dealers do them many are exceeding the specified engine oil system capacity of 13.7 quarts (13L) for the total system and they don't know it. By the way the latest Motorcraft Oil flyer that DBK made reference to on the forum has the correct oil amount listed

I wonder what else on the 2019 Ford Service Information has changed?

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Thanks for the update!!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Thanks Magic.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Well I’m going to lead the list of highest priced first service. My 600 mile oil change was just $1400. It’s at the dealer as I write this. They told me it’s 3 hours @$199/hr plus all the other crazy expenses. It’s the same price as my McLaren. I’m sad to see most other dealers only charging one hour of service and mine charging 3 hours. I even drove mine to my local dealer. Maybe he was thinking of including the transportation each way in my cost. Hope they adjust it. Not optimistic.
I had the servicing dealership use the motorcraft oil spec’d in the owner’s manual and the oem filter and it was less than $500.00. They verified with the concierge that the oil was an acceptable alternative. The concierge verified with an engineer that the motorcraft oil was acceptable and then they gave my servicing dealer the green light. FWIW.

Reactions: spartan

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
How much did they put in?

Pro_GT_driver

GT Owner
Jun 23, 2010
Thanks "Spartan" for posting this video! Now I dare to do the oil-change by myself as well.
Only one question remaining - will the drain plugs need new sealing rings (if they have), or just screw old ones back in and done?

Thanks

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Compared to the 05 this look easier.
At 5:04 in the video it is mentioned to torque the "belly pan" screws to 97 in.lb. Where did that torque number come from? Per my phone conversation with Ford Technical Services representative that is not correct and is over torquing the fasteners! The correct amount should be 60 in.lb (6.8Nm). Curious too how much oil was put back in the car. Reference is made to using 3 - 4L jugs of oil. Was that the final amount?

Reactions: JWZ

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Could someone please help with the Ford part number for the oil filter? The manual says HG7Z-6731-A but the Tasca site is saying thats an obsolete part number. Other sites show that as a 2017-2019 part.

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Could someone please help with the Ford part number for the oil filter? The manual says HG7Z-6731-A but the Tasca site is saying thats an obsolete part number. Other sites show that as a 2017-2019 part.

Recently just changed my oil and filter.
Here is the box the filter came in.
Sorry the label is torn, but I hope this helps.
Looks like it is part number
HG7Z-6731-A.

Bought this filter approx 6 weeks ago.

Attachments

• 20211122_132445.jpg
    20211122_132445.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 15
Reactions: BtwoG