Advice needed: How to confirm that a GT is the right car?

Zefpashko

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 26, 2017
Miami, FL
Ive said it many times before... 05/06 Gt possibly the "best" car ever made... take that for what it means to you... for me, its that simple..

being disappointed when you buy and first drive a 05/06 gt is like being disappointed the first time you use a cell phone... I know you guys are old enough to remember a time before cell phones.. or changing your oil the first time after you bought a lift... if you were disappointed then dont buy a 05/06 GT

wondering if you are going to be disappointed after buying a GT is like wondering if you are going to be disappointed after hooking up with heather locklear (in her 20's or 30's),, well if youre steven tyler maybe....

Well said @soroush! I never test drove a GT before I bought mine and no disappointment here!

Another local Miami owner with lots of experience and perspective on both the 05/06 FGT and the NFGT is @maxemus. I’m sure he’d be happy to chime in. He was my first local contact when I bought my FGT.

Good luck with your search!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Never test drove one either. I saw it as a prototype and knew I would absolutely make sure I became an owner.

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
If you like raw speed and brute power built with bulletproof proof engineering and unsurpassed body design get the car.

If mods are your thing, there are Forum members who can help with everything and no matter where you go, it's a perpetual crowd pleaser.

Forgot you're a Porsche guy so final comment. Comparing the two is like comparing a quarter horse to a thoroughbred. Both get it done thier way.

Good luck with your hunt.

Last edited:

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
It seems we have the whole state covered from north Florida to south Fl and I live in central FL. I can offer you a close up of completely stock smooth and quiet exhaust or a fun adrenaline pumping 780 RWHP beast that is as easy to drive as the stock one. PM me if your interested. Good luck with your journey.

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
The FGT was my dream car from childhood. The other one was the Lamborghini Miura but that's another story. I knew I will eventually own a FGT when the time is right. Then Marv Rose (American Supercars) graciously offered to let me test drive one of his FGTs and suddenly the time was right. Point is if you like it already, test driving one will probably just accelerate your decision to own one.

You say "Response have been positive so far but it is an enthusiast forum.", A lot of forum members own other very interesting cars. Yet, they seem to have special regard for the FGT and deservedly so in my "objective" opinion. While it may be the highest priced addition to your collection, It will probably not be the most expensive to maintain and keep in great condition because it is...Built Ford Tough.jpg

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
In addition to what everyone else has offered, this:

If you don't buy one, you will go to your grave wondering "what if..."

Like a lot of other people here, I've owned a lot of cars over the years. This is the one I'll get buried in.

Reactions: 93extxdps

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Nick - the '05-06 GT is the best all around sports car. Plus you won't lose money if you ever sell. Ultra-reliable & timeless styling!

Skyline Blvd has too many bicycles for me nowadays but La Honda Rd to the PCH is better. Join us on our Mini-GT Rallies or let's meet at Alice's.

Ed

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
I scraped the belly pan on a slow turtle in a dip on a winding fun drive in Missouri

Nick_FL

Feb 12, 2020
A quick update. A big shout out to Art for giving me ride in his pristine, I mean PRISTINE GT.

My first impressions:
- gorgeous car, but I knew that!
- incredible exhaust noise, the accufab exhaust is probably helping a lot. Few pops during down shifts, not obnoxiously loud, just perfect.
- road noise: totally fine when not on the throttle, totally manageable. When on the throttle, well you stay only 2/3 s on the throttle even on the way so not a problem.
- suspension: pretty smooth, good on our highways here in South Florida.
- torque / power: tons, more than enough and Art was very reasonable.
-interior space: tight inside, I am 6'2" and would benefit from adjusting the seat better.

Heads up, Art is the person you want to buy a car from...the way he treats the car, RESPECT.

I think I am gonna look for one in coming months, will be a fun car for sure to look at, work on and most important drive.

Thanks again Art.

Reactions: Cadster and JWZ

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
As I have said numerous times, it's the car you never get tired of. The iconic shape makes it the sexiest car ever made. The driving experience is like none other. I have owned mine since new in 2006 and now have 54k on it, bullet proof. A shear joy to own and drive!
It's like a gorgeous women who never ages!

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
I also showed Nick my 2020 Pista at circa half a million U.S dollars......two completely different cars; the Pista a highly tech fast car,but you can’t beat the driving experience of the GT; I think after Nick‘s spirited experience in the GT we have a convert.

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
If you need to ask then its not a car for you.