Car Repairs and Road Side Assistance

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Can someone please explain here, because it make no sense to me.
Why is it a big deal to not flatbed the the car? If done carefully how could it crack anything or cause a problem?
Didn't they ship our cars with
Reliable Trucks, which are nothing more then two tier enclosed flatbeds.

Sorry you are having such a rough go of it, hope it all gets worked out and you get to enjoy driving her again.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Steve sounds like it might be possible your push button was left in on or accessorie and was completely dead after sitting for the entire show. This is easy to happen with no key possition these days of modern vehicles. Hope you get it charged and all works out from there.

Jiminee Nothing good about your experience and hope there is a better outcome than what you have experienced so far.

Yeah I don't know as I was there just under two hours - then it jumped right off but died at the first stop sign couple miles away, jumped right off then died a 1/4 miles away at traffic light and when connected cables wouldn't do anything

Then once we messed with tranny tool it started without a jump so I'm afraid there's more to it than accessory left on

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
These New Ford GT’s must be connected to the battery chargers when not being driven, even more critical than the 05-06’s!

Connected 24 / 7

Reactions: THamonGT and Stef

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Hmmm

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Thanks for the video Andy - I had not seen that and learned a few things from it

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Yes, thank you Andy!
A few things I didn't know either.

Reactions: steved57

jr66

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2017
scottsdale
Disappointing to hear of all the problems. Ford needs to address these issues

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
I learned today that Agero is contracted/approved by Ford for transport.

This is from the manual

"You can only transport your vehicle in an enclosed trailer or on a roll back flatbed truck. The ramp angle / angle of approach on Ford GT is 9 degrees. Below are some ramp lengths required to achieve this angle depending on trailer / bed entrance height. "

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Jiminee - use Fairfield Ford. The owner, GM & Service Manager all have given me their cell number. They have 2 JimGlow trailers. They would have rescued you.

Ed

Reactions: italianjoe

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

Great info all in one place - thanks Andy!