Easy to Replace the Front Splitter?

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
I replaced my front splitter because it was original with over 10 years of scrapes. Also had a frown so I replaced center support. Looks great now.
Plan on replacing the 2 plastic push pins at each end rather than trying to reuse. Plastic push pins are stocked at Ace Hardware. Was able to replace splitter without jacking up car.

Reactions: PL510*Jeff

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
an FYI - I complained about the frown in a replacement front splitter years ago. Ford Parts sent another one. Frown was even more pronounced. By chance I asked either Jamal or Rich, don't remember which one, and was told the frown is there on purpose. Allows the "right" amount of air to enter the underfloor area for the various front, side and rear spoilers to do their "job" better. For once a frown is a good thing .

Very pronounced on the race cars. Now I know why(y)
Screenshot_20200530-184043_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: PL510*Jeff

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
The front splitter on the 05-06 GTs is pretty straight across. Should not have a noticeable frown. The support rods were $48each the last time I bought some from Scott Minch. If you try to straighten yours, be careful. Get it in a vise and carefully bend the rod(s) to get them all the same length eye-to-eye. The aluminum is heat treated and brittle, so it will break. BTDT. It is easier to bend the rod more towards the middle than at the L at the end to prevent breaking it.