Batteries

CampoLady

GT Owner
May 25, 2018
We just purchased a new Ford Battery. Worked great for 2 months. We last took her out
for a ride 2 weeks ago and now the battery dead. Nothing. Are the Ford batteries under any type of warranty ?

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Need to keep the battery on a battery tender. More than likely the battery is under warranty

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Shouldn’t go dead that quick. I’d check to make sure something is not drawing it down. Are there any aftermarket electrical mods?

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Be sure your mirror-mounted map lights aren't on. My tender wasn't keeping the (new) battery fully charged, ie, the green light didn't cycle. Car was under a cover. Next weekend I discovered one map light was on, probably hit it reaching for the garage door opener. Fortunately the tender was able to match the light draw so it didn't go down over the week.

Cooltech has a really nice kit that includes a Battery Tender Jr, but adds a connection point near the tow hook. It makes it real easy to connect the tender in the garage.

Reactions: MAD IN NC

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
We just purchased a new Ford Battery. Worked great for 2 months. We last took her out
for a ride 2 weeks ago and now the battery dead. Nothing. Are the Ford batteries under any type of warranty ?
Yes. You have a two year Service Parts warranty on the Ford GT battery.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
There used to be a few good alternate batteries. Any suggestions now to that end?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
None

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Purchased new Lincoln Aviator, love it. Had it 1 month and battery was dead for no reason. Jumped it with one of these small jumper gizmos and took it to Sinclair Lincoln in St Louis. Battery was defective. Service manager mentioned having multiples similar situations. He said the battery was made in China. Hmmm.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
I replaced my OEM GT battery with a high quality AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) type in a Group 25 size. Been working perfectly for years. Just be very careful to protect the positive terminal which comes very close to the frame. It is not an Odyssey or Optima.