GT Availability

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
I think this falls under "You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time. Time will tell.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I think this falls under "You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time. Time will tell.

Not sure I follow this statement?

Reactions: Gary

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri

Not sure I follow this statement?
The need for this shutdown.

LAMBO_JESUS

Dec 3, 2019
Chicago
Out of an abundance of caution and a desire to keep my powder dry i ask my Concierge if Ford would allow me to withdraw my current order and my deposit refunded and have my original delivery window return. No serial number had been assigned. She checked with her manager and permission was granted. With all the uncertainty at this time it seemed like a very wise move on my part and i thank Ford for understanding. We are in uncharted territory. God help us.

Gary, sorry to hear you had to go ahead an cancel your amazing car. These certainly are unprecedented times... and having dry powder this fall and into next spring will be incredibly important (both for financial survival, and also the possibility to invest when all assets are incredibly cheap).

Did your dealer indicate what will happen with the allocation? Now more than ever I am assuming Ford may have more supply than demand for the NFGT. I wonder if dealers will allow someone to take over an application in these crazy times?

Glad they allowed you to keep your cash. Hope your spirits aren't too low on cancelling amid this pandemic!

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
I don't believe the demand for the NGT has diminished at all. They certainly don't have an abundance of supply. I bet many of the current owners would entertain buying a second one if given the chance.

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
I don't believe the demand for the NGT has diminished at all. They certainly don't have an abundance of supply. I bet many of the current owners would entertain buying a second one if given the chance.

Duly noted....

Concur with the demand not dropping but as stated above, people's financial positions, health and other matters change. There have been a few people that already received a 2nd car or are slated for a 2nd. I hope in the event there become openings that FORD will go to the applications and identify those that are TRULY FORD Ambassadors and will select them to fill these open allocations as they become available.

Speaking for myself, I remain optomistic as I have always been!

Hope everyone is safe and doing well!

Cheers

Doug

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
I reached out again and they basically said beat it. I did get the courtesy of an email reply though so I have to respect that.

Love to have one but if I can only have one GT, I’d want the one I have.

Reactions: Cobrar

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
I reached out again and they basically said beat it. I did get the courtesy of an email reply though so I have to respect that.

Love to have one but if I can only have one GT, I’d want the one I have.

Silver is the fastest!!!!!

Reactions: BM SoCal

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Gary, sorry to hear you had to go ahead an cancel your amazing car. These certainly are unprecedented times... and having dry powder this fall and into next spring will be incredibly important (both for financial survival, and also the possibility to invest when all assets are incredibly cheap).

Did your dealer indicate what will happen with the allocation? Now more than ever I am assuming Ford may have more supply than demand for the NFGT. I wonder if dealers will allow someone to take over an application in these crazy times?

Glad they allowed you to keep your cash. Hope your spirits aren't too low on cancelling amid this pandemic!
i still have my original delivery window available. July 1 2021 thru Dec 31 2001. Hopefully this mess we are now in will be history by that time. Still have every intention getting a NFGT next year.

Reactions: SPI

SPI

Nov 28, 2018
Chicago
i still have my original delivery window available. July 1 2021 thru Dec 31 2001. Hopefully this mess we are now in will be history by that time. Still have every intention getting a NFGT next year.

I AM STILL IN No matter what! Hard Core Car Guy’s........that’s why we got picked ! ;)

SPI

Nov 28, 2018
Chicago

Very sorry to hear this. I am sure it was incredibly hard to make that call.

In terms of Supply and Demand the Ford GT will ALWAYS have more DEMAND than Supply no matter what kind of economy.

The number of applications at the $500k sticker starting price and it’s market resale alone shows this.

Be safe everyone and God Bless.

Last edited:

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
As i said before

i still have my original delivery window available. July 1 2021 thru Dec 31 2021. Hopefully this mess we are now in will be history by that time. Still have every intention getting a NFGT next year.

Last edited:

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
When do you actually order?
This mess will drag on, lockdown orders in many states will extend until the first Tuesday in November . There is a "strategy" here more than a Virus....
And (ajb)

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
When do you actually order?
This mess will drag on, lockdown orders in many states will extend until the first Tuesday in November . There is a "strategy" here more than a Virus....
And (ajb)
Not sure, it's fair to assume that everything may be pushed back based on the current shutdown. Spoke to Concierge Tuesday and was told production would start up again on the 18th.

Reactions: Simon and tmcphail

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Spoke to Concierge Tuesday and was told production would start up again on the 18th.

That is good to hear!

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
I wish they would entertain a waiting list for those that were denied to fill any possible cancelations.

CampoLady

GT Owner
May 25, 2018
Are you saying some lucky people were able to get in line for 2 of these amazing cars ?

Duly noted....

Concur with the demand not dropping but as stated above, people's financial positions, health and other matters change. There have been a few people that already received a 2nd car or are slated for a 2nd. I hope in the event there become openings that FORD will go to the applications and identify those that are TRULY FORD Ambassadors and will select them to fill these open allocations as they become available.

Speaking for myself, I remain optomistic as I have always been!