Backyard Buddy 4 post lift recommendations?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
LOL My private label MFG sourcing from China has lasted since 1996.... and hopefully there is no end in site... Yes we have seen the currency devalued 20plu percent and tarrifs surge to 25% on goods but we still deliver competitive quality products month after month....

What can we source for you all?
Prices quoted are landed cost to your door!

Doug

For the sake of our collective future, I hope the end IS in sight and that offshore manufacturing and sourcing from Communist China at the current scale is largely seen as treasonous or, at the very least, akin to sleeping with truck stop prostitutes. Sure it’s fun in the moment, but eventually you’re gonna die of syphilis.

I do not think it is funny nor profitable over the long term to support our greatest geopolitical enemy. The attitude of many in this country illustrates the point that unfettered capitalism is as inherently bad as communism. Imagine this level of commercial dependence on the Soviet Union. It would have been rightly called insanity. While it’s true that some economic interdependence is advantageous to lessen the chance of armed conflict, sucking at the communist teat is shamefully shortsighted and most certainly will not end well for the West.

To be clear, I don’t fully blame those who take advantage of the current state of affairs to make a buck. It’s what we do. Our government, over many administrations, is largely to blame for creating the conditions to allow it. But, in the final analysis, it’s nothing any person in this country should be proud of.

Last edited:

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I will not buy any Product from China as long as I have a choice. And in many cases , I already have what I need so I just won't buy it.
The United States is digging it own grave. We had better quit digging soon.
Do NOT trust China.
andy (ajb)

Reactions: 2112

RaceDeck

*Supporting Vendor & GT Owner*
Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
I got the gray color, matches my RaceDeck flooring. No concerns on pulling cars underneath. You can order drip pans that will catch AC condensation from the lifted car. Photo attached of lift and cars on and below lift
would love to see more pics of your awesome garage!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Based on my experience as a veteran of the Cold War and the Middle East, and a former national security analyst, I agree that we should not be enabling China's further rise, and I have had that view for the past twenty years. The recent supply chain interruptions due to COVID also should drive home that point. Back in the Cold War, we collectively understood that we needed a certina amount of domestic manufacturing to support our military capabilities, and we subsidized commercial aircraft to pay for certain features so that commercial aircraft could be drafted into service of the military during a national crisis. This was called the CRAF program (I forget what the acronym stands for). We also subsidized shipbuilding for the same reason, and several other industries. It made sense at the time, and I think it still does make sense, with adjustments for different industries and capabilities.

However, I don't think we should cut off commerce with China entirely. Unlike the old Soviet Union, from whom there was almost nothing worth buying, China obviously manufactures a lot of stuff worth buying. It also makes sense to stay commercially connected, because that works both ways. China is less inclined to start a dust-up with us, and vice versa, if we have to consider the mutual damage to our economies that will cause. Again, the COVID pandemic has shown that our reliance on Chinese supply, is also China's reliance on US markets. Sort of a "Mexican standoff," to use an olde alliteration; or "keep your enemies close." But we damn sure better have alternative sources of supply for critical goods and materials, including domestically.

Given the problems of quality control and the past incidents of Chinese manufacturers doing anything to save a penny or Remnimbi, there are certain things I will not buy from Chinese origins. These include anything that goes in my mouth or on my skin. Yeah, we all now know how many drugs we take for granted are manufactured in China, and so far as we know, those have not caused direct harm to anyone, but I don't want to take that risk if I can avoid it. Therefore, drug and nutritional components must have a strong domestic manufacturing base--COVID taught us that the hard way.

Back to the subject, so this isn't a total hijack: Since I recently moved across the country and had to leave my old lift behind, I'm in the market for a new two-poster. I'll look in to Backyard Buddy.

Reactions: 2112

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...pay for certain features so that commercial aircraft could be drafted into service of the military during a national crisis. This was called the CRAF program (I forget what the acronym stands for).

"Civil Reserve Air Fleet", I think...but, don't quote me. ;-)

Last edited:

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
That sounds about right.