First time driving My GT

My wife bought me a 2006 GT in October of 2019. We did a little test drive and then put the car in storage until yesterday. We picked up the car at noon and drove for about 2 hours... Oh My Goodness, what an absolutely awesome machine! I can’t believe how great it handles and drives...and the power is thrilling. I took it easy just to get a feel for it... however, the super charger whistle and the exhaust sound made ”taking it easy” very difficult. So, you were all correct...100% right... this car is a BLAST!

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Congrats. First drive photos a must

Having ones wife buy you your GT - WOW. The single guys around here will all want to know if she has a sister!

dharrell

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2019
Fredericksburg Tx
its been in the garage for 6 months???? how could you stand waiting that long :):)

Reactions: Cadster

Rick Mustang

GT Owner
Mar 29, 2016
Central Texas
Look at his location. He had too lol

Reactions: dharrell

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Work your way East someday Jesse and maybe we can meet half way and do a double/double in the Timmie’s parking lot at Golden!
Your wife is a keeper......and so too is the car......enjoy!,

Reactions: JesseP777

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
And it never gets boring.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Congrats Jesse but this thread would be better in the '05-06 section. Have fun - it's a cool car.

Ed

Spaceman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 1, 2012
Central Texas
Congratulations, and it only gets better! Enjoy

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Glad you were able to get her out. Spectacular driving machine. Checks all the boxes for driver engagement.

Congrats Jesse but this thread would be better in the '05-06 section. Have fun - it's a cool car.

Ed
Hey Ed I noticed I was in the wrong spot after I posted and couldn’t figure out how to move it... I would happily move it over to 05-06 section if someone can tell me how.

Reactions: Ed Sims

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
My wife bought me a 2006 GT in October of 2019. We did a little test drive and then put the car in storage until yesterday. We picked up the car at noon and drove for about 2 hours... Oh My Goodness, what an absolutely awesome machine! I can’t believe how great it handles and drives...and the power is thrilling. I took it easy just to get a feel for it... however, the super charger whistle and the exhaust sound made ”taking it easy” very difficult. So, you were all correct...100% right... this car is a BLAST!
I’m gonna tell you a secret that most of us here already know.
Every time you get in it and drive it it’s as good as the first time!!

Reactions: steved57