I tested POSITIVE for the Covid-19 Virus.. recovering.. 71st birthday today.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Thank you for sharing your experience, and so glad you’re on the mend.

jr66

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2017
scottsdale
Get well and a speedy recovery.

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
AJB ...Hoping you are feeling better and wishing you the best.thank God u are recovering.This is a tough virus and whats scary is that they just dont know who will become gravely ill.My 83 yr old mother contracted it and recovered at home(thank God) but it did knock her on her ass pretty bad for a month now.Then there are teenagers that are intubated for weeks here in NY.MY 6'3" 26 yr old nephew who is strong as an ox took two weeks to get rid of his fever yet his sister and brother were asymptomatic and just took an antibody test and were positive(in other words they had it at some point).Pretty scary if u ask me.I can tell all the non believers out there first hand this is no regular flu.

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Andy, God bless you and your family. Stay strong and in good health. Put the fraise of without our health nothing else matters. Thanks for sharing.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Wow, Andy! So glad to be reading this AFTER the fact. COVID19 is not to be shrugged off. Things have recently started to get interesting here in Sioux Falls, SD where we won the dubious distinction last week of being the top “hot spot” in the country. Oh, and happy birthday!

Last edited:

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
God bless, Andy. SO glad you shared the story but especially happy for the great outcome. You have more GT evangelism in front of you!

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
Happy Birthday Andy, I was so happy to hear the good news. looking forward to seeing you soon.

Joe

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Wow, what an ordeal! We’re so glad to hear you’re on the back side of this illness. Get well my friend!!

Last edited:

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Andy.... so glad to hear you are on the mend. it is truly surreal how fast times have changed.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Man, you have had one bad year. Glad you are doing well.

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
I am so glad you are home and recovering Andy. You're post here is a reminder just how serious this Covid pandemic truly is and has become.
When I see you again I want to shake your hand, god bless you sir.
Same for you're family as well.

And opps, yes, Happy 71st birthday!!

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Andy (AJB) thanks for wearing your heart on your sleeve and giving all of us another 1st hand experience. These stories really hit home and makes all aware to a higher degree.
Glad yo have recovered from that ordeal. Happy 71 st. Didn't think you were no where near that age group.
Best,

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Thanks for sharing glad you are doing better. Scary time for sure

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
So glad to hear that you are doing better, Andy! Praying for you my Friend! God bless you & yours!

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Glad to hear Andy! Cheers to a speedy recovery!

06VistaBlueGT

Aug 30, 2006
Hi Andy, I'm so glad your doing better. My thoughts and prayers are with you that you keep recovering. I've told people this is NOT the flu and to be very careful for months now. I am in the "severe risk" group as I had a liver transplant 16 years ago and do not go to any stores. I stay home, get groceries put into my trunk at curbside and go for a walk with a mask around my neighborhood with my wife. And we do the car people social distancing practice (going for a drive in her new car she got, a F Type SVR). But that's it!! This virus really scares me! So so glad you are doing better. 👍

I know a vaccine will come, but sadly it won't be for a long while yet.

Reactions: ByeEnzo

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Hi Andy,

Holy mackerel!!

Unfortunately we are up against an indiscriminate killer; even the good guys get it.

Glad you are on the mend.

Good advice on safety measures, but it is hard sometimes to remember to comply.

I was on my way to take my daily walk yesterday, when a guy on a motorcycle crashed in front of me! Adrenalin took over and I stopped and ran to help him. Never even thought of the mask in the back seat. Between him and the others who stopped, was probably exposed to 5 or 6 people. Post incident, I am hoping that exposure wasn't a big mistake. Guy was ok; whole thing took 12 minutes before he was on his way with a slightly bent bike. Hope those 12 minutes don't turn out to be a big mistake. Joyce wants to kill me for violating her rules. She doesn't even want me to go out of the house.

Message is, take the extra time to follow the safety guidelines. Unfortunately , even doing that may not be enough; as you found out.

So happy that you are recovering, and have that wonderful family to support you. Thank you so much for sharing, as you always do.

Everyone be safe. I still think we are in for some bad times

Bill and Joyce

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Wow, if it isn’t a big-ass deer trying to kill you it’s a tiny virus! Glad you pulled through, man

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Hello Andy,

Thanks for sharing your story and really happy to hear you are on the mend.

Out here in rural Colorado I tend to be pretty cavalier about wearing a mask but this is a good kick in the backside for me if / when I get out.

All the best,

Joe

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Hello to all my Fellow Ford GT Forum Members. A group of you are aware of my situation and many are not. I wanted to give you an update that could possibly save some of you from this same malady. Take all necessary precautions and be prepared to fight.

The Story:
I was tested in Detroit for Covid 19 on March 31. It was just a cough, slight sore throat and 101 degree fever. But I knew it was different. I called my doctor. He sent me to be tested. The results came back to me late on April 4th as POSITIVE. My doctors are part of the Henry Ford Medical System here in Detroit and I have been a member for 40 years. He imeadiately put me on Doxycycline and I was on Azithromycin.
I tried my best to recover at home. I rested, took the meds but my breathing was tight and my temperature would spike 5-6 time each day and night.
On April 6 I had a particiularly bad night alone at home. I spoke to my daughter Megan, a Pulmonary Critical Care Doctor and son in law Ryan a Cardiologist both in Kalamazoo Michigan. They spoke to my Doctor and I was sent to Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital Emergency 30 minutes later on April 7.

Emergency:
In emergency they 'wired me up , took blood etc" .Things actually looked stable. BUT the Blood Results came back as a platelet lever of near zero. So this virus attacks the lungs and the blood makeup. I was imeadiately told I would be in the hospital for 6 days. I agreed to a Blood Platelet Transfusion and 5 sessions of IVIG pump each night for 5 nights to build up my blood.

Admitted to Henry Ford hospital room and Medicines:
I was imeadiately put on Hydroxychloroquine twice per day and other meds too numerous to remember. I wore my mask and all the nurses and doctors entered my room in Hazmat suits. I was in a 'fog' for most of the seven days. Everything hurt but I really could not complain. I kept eating and taking water. My Temperature started to stabilize after 2 days and my blood was tested every day at 4 am and my platelet count started to recover. The count was back to normal after 6 days. I spoke to all my 'doctors ' several times per day.

On Easter Monday April 13, I was released to go home and continue to recover. Naturally I had some serious discussions with the "big guy in Heaven" on Holy Thursday and Good Friday.

Summary :
I really do not know how I got it. I took all the precautions but maybe one trip to the grocery without my mask did it. I will never know.
But Please do YOUR BEST for you and your family to make sure you do not get this Virus. Be watchful if you do feel bad at how Quickly it can turn from bad to worse. Be aware that it affects systems of the body like Blood... and not just the lungs.
GT FORUM.. I logged onto the Ford GT Form at least 5 times per day while in the hospital. Listening to you guys talk about important (but in reality insignificant) topics like paint protection, Fox Mustang History, delivery dates etc brought 'normalcy' to an otherwise 'NOT NORMAL' time.
For that I THANK ALL OF YOU.

andy (ajb)